Snowshoe Hike on Whale Island in Tromso
A wonderful way to explore more!
Immerse yourself in the wild nature of the Northern Norway at its best during the snowshoe hike.
Scenic drive along the fiord makes a perfect beginning of the tour. At the destination our guide leads you to one of the summits on Kvaløya island. Relish the feeling of crunching over, rather than sinking into, the pristine snow. Great views over surrounding majestic mountains and the fiord are the reward for the effort - we hike around 400 meters elevation to reach the top. Therefore the trip requires you to be used to physical activity, but previous snowshoeing experience is not needed.
Wearing proper winter boots and warm clothes is a must on this tour.
We take good time for breaks to take photos, learn about the local countryside, and savor a hot drink and snack on route.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport to the start and back to Tromsø city centre
- Snowshoes and hiking poles
- Hot drink and local sweet snack lefse
- Local guide
- Pick up point in central location close to most of the city hotels.
What's excluded :
- Winter clothes - these can be rented separately at Tromsø Outdor Rental Center upon prior arrangement. Hotel pick up and drop off is not available on this tour.
The tour starts with a 40 minute drive along a scenic road on Kvaløya island. On arrival, we learn how to use the snowshoes before we start our adventure!
We hike to one of the smaller summits with majestic views over the surrounding mountains and fjords (if, of course, the weather allows!). During the hike we stop a few times for rests, photos and to share our knowledge about our region and the Arctic environment. At the summit we take a longer break is longer to enjoy a hot drink and try some delicious lefse – a local sweet snack.
The hike to the summit is just under 400 m in snowy mountain terrain so a moderate level of fitness and health is required. The tour is not suitable for guests with a heart condition or limited physical abilities.
• Kvaloya, Kvaloya, Troms, Northern Norway
Departure Point :Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromsø, Sjøgata 7, 9259 Tromsø, Norway
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- IMPORTANT: Please advise shoe size (european) in the special requirements field at check out. If you fail to provide this information your booking may be cancelled.
- In case we have no snow in the area alternative activity or full refund of the tour costs will be offered.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.