Snowshoe in Kananaskis Country
Hike through a winter wonderland in the heart of the Canadian Rockies on snowshoes! Enjoy an exhilarating 5-hour daytrip to an amazing lunch spot surrounded by limestone peaks of the Canadian Rockies, while learning about the flora, fauna, geography and history of the area. Snowshoes are included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Winter clothing
- Insulated hiking boots
Meet in Canmore, convoy about 45 minutes to the trail head, snowshoe gaining 300 +/- meters to Chester or Rummel Lake, enjoy the mountain splendour over lunch before returning to the trailhead.
• Freeheelin' Adventures, 1201 Railway Ave, Canmore, Alberta T1W 1R4 Canada
Departure Point :Travel Alberta Canmore Visitor Information Centre, 2801 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, AB T1W 3A2, Canada
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- After registering, provide weight and boot size for fitting snowshoes
- Please come prepared with winter clothing, well fitting winter boots, food, and water for the day, it can reach temperatures of well below zero in the Rockies in the winter
- Hours of tour do not include driving time to and from the trail head
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guests are required to sign a declaration of health and exposure attesting to good health, not having been exposed to anyone who is sick, and that they are following provincial travel recommendations. Guests bring a mask, hand sanitizer and eye protection in the event protocols can't be followed.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.