Snowshoe Trip for Searching Arctic Animals
During this trip we enjoy very beautiful arctic views and keep on searching wild animals and birds. Finally we always find a pack of freely living reindeers. Taking pictures about these original arctic animals. Light lunch is offered during this memorable trip.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Adventure gear
- Guidance services
- Snacks mentioned
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from all major hotels in Rovaniemi
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Private tours available for additional price
- The birds that we usually see are wood grouses, black grouses and willow grouses but also golden eagles are sometimes seen. Other possible animals are moose, snow hares and foxes.
This trip goes to the summit of Katka fell where an exceptionally beautiful arctic view can be seen from a viewing tower. The strictest nature reservation In Europe, Pisavaara strict nature reservation is nearby. Join this great nature trip and see the true Lapland!
Historians believe the origin of the snowshoe dates back to 2000 BC or 4000 BC. The invention of the snowshoe has been inspired by the animals like snowshoe hares who have oversized feet enabling them to move more quickly through deep snow. Snowshoes were an essential tool for fur traders and trappers to be able to get around areas inaccessible to motorized vehicles when the snow is deep. Today, snowshoes are mostly used by hikers and runners for recreation.
Departure Point :Lapland Welcome, Rovakatu 26, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.The meeting time at Lapland Welcome Safari Office (Rovakatu 26, 2nd floor, 96200 Rovaniemi) is 15 minutes before the starting time of the safari.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 2 adults per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Physical classification: challenging
- Vegan, vegetarian, kosher, halal, gluten-free and lactose-free options are available
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact us if you wish to have guide in other language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.