Snowshoeing in the Land of Volcanoes
Discover the stunning winter scenery of the Csomad Mountains on a guided snowshoe hike that goes deep into the frozen landscape. Snowshoeing is a beautiful way to immerse in nature and to find some peace and quiet from the hectic everyday life. Join a group of beginning snowshoers or take on an extended trail for 4- or 6- hour adventure, and watch for the tracks that deer, bear, wolf, lynx or wildcats leave in the pristine snow. Explore dense forests and snowy pastures in this tranquil environment, and hear the sound of your snowshoes crunching softly in the snow. Experience the beauty of winter around the Saint Ann lake and learn about the wildlife and geology of the mountains from your guide. Stop for photographs and rest breaks at scenic vista points where you’ll get stunning views of the winter wonderland. This is a perfect budget-friendly activity for the families too.
per adult from
3 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Snowshoes rental
- Bilingual guide
- Entry/Admission - Saint Anna Lake
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Saint Anna Lake, Loc. Tusnad approach from Bixad, Baile Tusnad 535100 Romania
Here was formed Central Europe`s only volcanic lake, the charming Saint Anne Lake. Its surface is about 949-950 m above sea level and it is part of the Mohos Nature Reserve. Its charm for tourists has the roots into the legends surrounding this place, the beautiful landscape, the healing properties and into the fact that it is also a great place to get in touch with nature and relax.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mohos Peat-Bog, Loc. Tusnad, Baile Tusnad, Romania, Baile Tusnad 535100 Romania
It is a special nature reserve formed in the crater of the Ciomad Mountain. Here is the best place for admiring fantastic plant rarities, carnivore plants, round leaved moor-grass and more than 20 types of sphagnaceae. You can also find bog berry, pine, marsh berry, bog-rosemary from the ice age.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :DJ113, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will pick you up from your accommodation either in Baile Tusnad or Miercurea Ciuc and transfer you to the Land of Volcanoes.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.