Snowshoeing Tour to the Paint Pots
This easy 3-kilometre trail through Kootenay National Park to see the historical Paint Pots is the perfect introduction to snowshoeing. You'll hike along a snowy forest path to the Paint Pots, a cultural treasure, with an option to try tobogganing on a crazy carpet slide. This small-group tour includes round-trip transportation from Banff, snowshoes, hot chocolate and a uniquely Canadian treat - hot maple taffy made in the snow by your guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hiking pole
- Hot chocolate and a maple taffy treat
- Return transport from Banff
- Small group size (up to 12 guests per guide)
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Kootenay National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kootenay National Park, 7556 Main St E, Radium Hot Springs, British Columbia V0A 1E0 Canada
You'll hike on an easy trail along a bridge across the frozen Vermilion River and and along the snowy path winding through a forest of pine trees to the fascinating Paint Pots, which are mineral deposits once used by First Nations people for rock painting. Along the way you will hear stories from your friendly guide of Banff’s indigenous people, explorers and fur traders who lived in and traveled through the Rockies.
After having a go at the crazy carpet slide down the hill (if you wish!) your guide will share hot chocolate and make a sweet frozen dessert in the snow for you to try - delicious maple taffy.
This three-kilometer (1.86 miles) afternoon tour is an excellent trip for beginners as it covers a mainly flat terrain with minimal elevation gain, and also suits anyone wanting a pleasant activity outdoors in the majesty of Kootenay National Park.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You must be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time. Our guide will be there within the 15 minute pick up window.
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 8 years.
- Guests should dress in ski wear for this trip including a winter jacket, ski pants, hats, mittens, and warm winter boots.
- All children aged 15 years and under must be accompanied by someone 18 years and older.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any child under the age of 18.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.