Snowshoes and night in Malniu Refuge
La Cerdanya, with its privileged location and unique formation, make it one of the most well defined and attractive natural regions in the Pyrenees. It is characterized above all by the existing contrasts between the vast plain, furrowed by the Segre river and where the main towns and communication routes are located, and the imposing mountain ranges and mountains that surround it at altitudes of around 3,000m.
The region is structured by the Segre river, which drains it from East to West. To the south it has the Cadí and Moixeró mountain ranges, while to the north the reliefs of the Tossa Plana de Lles and the Puigpedrós separate it from Andorra and the valley of the Aravo river.
We will pass through black pine forests, glacial lakes and spend the night in the Malniu refuge. The cozy Guils-Fontanera forest, with its immense black pine forest alternated with birch and wild rowan, adds hints of yellow and red in the fall. A show!
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Safety equipment and first aid kit
- Accident and RC insurance
- UIMLA mountain guide
What's excluded :
- Personal material needed to carry out the activity
Day 1: Nordic ski resort of Guils - Malniu Refuge
Stop At: Refugi Malniu, carretera del refugio, km 10, 17539 Meranges, Girona, Spain
Nordic ski resort of Guils - Malniu refuge. It is the longest day, with greater distance and unevenness. We cross free shelters, glacial lakes, forests, endless views, granite circuses… an unforgettable landscape. Overnight at the Malniu Shelter.
Elevation: 789md + / 550md-
Highest point: Pla dels Empedrats (2578m)
Duration: 8 hours
Accommodation included: Malniu Shelter
Day 2: Malniu-Nordic ski resort of Guils
Stop At: Pàrquing Estació d'esquí nordic Guils-Fontanera, Carretera de la Feixa, 17528 Guils de Cerdanya, Girona, Spain
Malniu-Nordic ski resort of Guils. It will be a much shorter and less uneven journey, where the objective is to enjoy a quiet and cozy journey through the Black Pine and Neret forests of the Tarterés protected area. We will pass through the Pla de la Feixa, with its homonymous refuge and ecological products. Nearby we have the Cerdanya balcony to take some panoramic photographs, while we continue to Guils where the route will end.
Elevation: 73md + / 312md-
Highest point: Crossing track SC-122 (2,197m)
Duration: 3 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Pàrquing Estació d'esquí nordic Guils-Fontanera, Carretera de la Feixa, 17528 Guils de Cerdanya, Girona, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
Barcelona center or surroundings
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.