São Miguel Central Tour
The best and most exciting way to explore the beautiful central part of the island is going off road! This unforgettable half day tour drives through beautiful lakes, water streams, and combines uneven green valley’s, with hidden waterfalls, and unspoiled Nature.
This tour takes you to one of the “Seven Portuguese Natural Wonders” - FOGO LAKE, a beautiful quiet lake surrounded by an amazing landscape also to a relatively unknown beautiful treasure – São Brás Lake. On the halfway between one of the highlights of the central part of the Island we will find – Caldeira Velha – a Regional Natural Monument (Entrances not included). Of course, the only tea plantations in Europe are not forgotten and you are invited to taste four different kinds of tea at Gorreana Tea Factory – A working live Museum. Enjoy every single moment in this beautiful island and explore the Azores like no one before.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- Entrance Fee at Caldeira Velha Park - Estimate cost for visit 3€ per person
- Expenses of personal nature
- Entry/Admission - Caldeira Velha Environmental Interpretation Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lagoa do Fogo, Miradouro da Serra Barrosa Agua de Pau, Sao Miguel Portugal
Viewpoint of Fogo Lake
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Caldeira Velha Environmental Interpretation Centre, Estrada Regional da Lagoa do Fogo, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel 9600-501 Portugal
Caldeira Velha Park
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Termas das Caldeiras, Largo das Caldeiras S/N, Ribeira Grande, Sao Miguel Portugal
Visit to the Hot Spring of Ribeira Grande
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Plantacoes de Cha Gorreana, Sao Miguel 9625-304 Portugal
Visit to the Factory and plantations of tea, with possibility to taste the tea.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Posto de Turismo - Ponta Delgada, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 9500-769 Ponta Delgada, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
The Driver will be outside the accommodation. Normally it is 30 minutes before the tour, but this can be combined with the passenger.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Big Truck Tours have a minimum of 10 people, if the minimum number isn’t reached, the excursion will be made in Minivan
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.