Sofia, Plovdiv & The Rose Valley in 2 Days
During this two day tour you will explore Sofia - the capital of Bulgaria, Plovdiv- one of the must-
see places in Bulgaria, not surprisingly elected European Capital of Culture for 2019 and the Rose Valley-
beautiful area, world-famous for its rose growing industry.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Overnight accommodation with breakfast in Plovdiv
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Day 1- Tour of Sofia and Plovdiv
The day will start with pick up from pointed from you location in Sofia (it can be the airport or
your accommodation). When we gather our 3 hours exploration tour of Sofia will begin. Our first stop
will be Boyana Church - UNESCO site, where we will have the chance to admire the unique frescoes.
Then we will head towards the city center and visit the highlights which include: The Alexander Nevski
Cathedral (the biggest one in Bulgaria), Saint Sofia Church, The Bulgarian National Gallery for Foreign
Art, the Russian Church, The National Art Gallery (former Royal Palace), the National Theatre, and the St.
George Rotunda (built by the Romans).
When we finish with our Sofia tour we will start our journey to Plovdiv. After approximately
hour and a half transfer with modern and comfortable vehicle we will reach our destination. First we will
check in hotel and then we will have a lunch in a traditional Bulgarian restaurant. When we are done
with our lunch we will start discovering Plovdiv’s highlights - the Roman Theatre, the Roman Stadium
and have a walk in the Old Town with typical for the Revival Period houses and narrow cobblestone
streets. The day ends with drop off at the hotel.
Day 2 – Journey to the Rose Valley
When you are done with your breakfast our trip to the Rose Valley will begin. After approximately hour
and a half transfer, during which you will have the chance to admire the picturesque landscape of the
region, we will arrive at Kazanluk city. The area is famous not only for the rose oil production but also for
being important place for the mythical Thracians. Therefore one of the sites that we will visit is the
Thracian tomb of Kazanluk - recognized as a masterpiece of the Thracian artwork. The tomb dates from
the end of the 4 th century BC and due to its well preserved and original frescoes it has been listed as
UNESCO world heritage site. So that you can learn more about the history of the region and the
traditions of rose growing industry we will visit as well the History museum of Kazanluk. Then we will
head towards Shipka Memorial Church – magnificent building, located in the slopes of Stara Planina
Mountain. Before leaving back to Sofia we will stop at Damascena - private family distillery located in
the heart of the Rose Valley. There we will have a lunch in a rose garden and afterwards learn more
about the production process of the Bulgarian rose oil. The tour ends with a drop off at pointed from
you place in Sofia.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all of our clients from any point in Sofia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We understand your concerns in relation to COVID 19, therefore we've taken the needed measures for you to feel safe. All our guides and drivers go through regular medical checks, wear masks during the tours and in each vehicle, we have a disinfectant spray. Furthermore due to the situation nowadays we organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 persons) and we have the option for private tours.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.