Sohoton Cave & Natural Bridge In Basey Samar [Min. 2PAX]
Join an exciting river cruise and discover the unique rock formations of Sohoton cave in Samar. This guided cave tour will definitely appeal to nature lovers and thrill seekers alike.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Boat Transfer
What's excluded :
- Tips for guide and driver (Optional)
- Anything that is not mentioned on the Inclusions List is on guest's account.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Sohoton Cave, Sohoton National Park Philippines
The trip begins after your guide picks you up from your accommodation in Tacloban city. Your guide will brief you on the day’s itinerary. Once you arrive in the Sohoton Visitor Center and Eco Lodge, you will register and will be oriented about the natural park. Afterwards, you will be riding a boat for the river cruise.
Located at the southern part of the Samar Island Natural Park, Sohoton Cave is a protected area and tourist attraction that boasts of many natural wonders. It is known internationally for its beauty characterized by its caves, subterranean rivers, limestone formations, verdant forest, and a natural stone bridge.
First part of the tour is cruising along the Kadak-an River, where you will witness a scenic waterway lined by lush greenery. Nicknamed as the “golden river,” Kadak-an’s waters turn to a brown color during the rainy season. After admiring the natural wonders of the Kadak-an river, the views will change to limestone cliffs as you approach Panhulugan Cliff.
Panhulugan takes its name from the tagalog word hulog or drop, referring to the time in history when Filipino Guerillas would drop large stones on unwanted guests along the river. From there, you will proceed to Sohoton Cave and Natural Bridge Park. Along the way, you will pass by musicians that entertain tourists with Waray songs.
It is composed of three different caves, the Sohoton Cave, Panhulugan Cave I, and Panhulugan Cave II. These natural wonders are fun to explore because of its unique limestone formations. Use your imagination and try to identify the cluster of stalagmites inside.
After exploring the caves, you will kayak your way to Sohoton Natural Bridge, a massive forested rock formation connecting two mountain ridges. Enjoy swimming and taking lots of pictures in the area before leaving.
Explore the marvelous natural wonders of Sohoton Cave with this guided tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up guest's from any Tacloban City Hotels. Upon booking please contact us with Hotel Name for pick up. Airports
- D. Z. Romualdez Airport, Tacloban, Leyte Province Philippines
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.