Solitario Hike and Volcan Osorno Petrohue Falls
A different type of approaching the Volcano and to be in contact with nature, volcanology and unique views.Walking distance: Red Crater: 50 minutes walk. Solitario 6 km/ 3.7 miles 2.30 hs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Box Lunch.
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Vicente Perez Rosales
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional Vicente Perez Rosales, Ruta 225 Región de los Lagos, Puerto Varas Chile
Today we will drive along a scenic road bordering the Llanquihue Lake which host one of the best scenic roads in the region. We will arrive to the Vicente Perez Rosales National Park oldest national park, founded in 1926. It covers an area of 251,000 hectares (619,970 acres), incorporating the park's center piece, Lago Todos los Santos, Saltos de Petrohué, and three commanding volcanoes: Osorno, Tronador and Puntiagudo.
We will continue the road up to the confiteria at about 4600 feet from where we will enjoy our first short walk of the day going around a secondary crater whose red and orange colors stand out from the natural landscape. From here you will get one of the nicest views of the Calbuco Volcano which sits right in front of us at about 25 kms/ 16 miles of distance, time for a coffee at the base camp resto and head to the starting point of solitario trail. Here we will join the natural trail which introduces us into the deep forest with lichens and ferns that slowly change the landscape into drier terrain and cross the lava flow of the last eruption in 1869 to finally arrive to the spectacular Petrohue River rapids that flows to the estuary of Reloncavi As part of the excursion not to be missed the the Emerald Lake. Drive back to your hotel. Arrive at 18 hs approx.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Casino Dreams Puerto Varas, Del Salvador 21, Puerto Varas, Los Lagos, Chile
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up with in Puerto Varas town.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 10 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.