Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley
Experience the Sonoma wine region in a unique way – on the Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley. Hop aboard this historical replica of a San Francisco cable car and grab a seat on a special wine tasting adventure you will never forget. This open-air trolley will let you experience the picturesque vineyards like no other tour. On this tour, your friendly and knowledgeable guide will take you to three wineries for tastings. You will visit Sonoma's top historic landmarks and enjoy lunch during one of the scenic stops.
Must be 21 years or older to take this tour. Tasting fees are not included and must be paid upon entrance. Fees range from $20-$30 per person per stop.
per adult from
What's included :
- Charter Fee and taxes (Gratuity not included)
What's excluded :
- Pick-up from San Francisco is NOT included
- Alcoholic drinks (Wine is available to purchase at each winery)
- Wine tasting fees at each winery ($20-$30 per person at each winery)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sonoma Valley, Sonoma Valley, Sonoma County, California
Your day in California wine country starts as you hop aboard the Sonoma Wine Trolley, modeled after the famous historical cable cars of San Francisco. Enjoy the breeze as your knowledgeable tour guide whisks you off to four outstanding Sonoma-area wineries, known for both their wines and their hospitality.
Each wine tasting takes place in a private setting, where your own representatives at each winery will explain the different varietals you’ll sample and the background of the wineries (wine tasting fees are not included and you can expect fees of $15 to $25).
There will be wonderful photo opportunities on this tour and your friendly guide will be happy to take a photo or two of your group so you can document your memorable day in wine country.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Glen Ellen, Glen Ellen, Sonoma County, California
In addition to your live guide, a local historian and actor, George Webber, provides the recorded narration of the Sonoma Wine Country Trolley. Between winery stops, enjoy his upbeat, whimsical commentary and stories as you travel through California's early history. Some of the historic landmarks you’ll see on the tour include:
• The Sonoma and Swiss hotels
• General Vallejo's Soldier Barracks
• Mission San Francisco Solano (Sonoma Mission)
• Bear Flag Monument
• General Vallejo's Home and State Park
• Sonoma Development Center
• Town of Glen Ellen
Enjoy lunch in a hidden-gem location, which may be among a vineyard, on a garden terrace or in a wine cellar, depending on the weather. Indulge in a picnic catered by Sonoma’s famous The Girl & the Fig restaurant, four-star rated on OpenTable and Yelp. Their delicious and hearty lunches are served family style, allowing everyone to pick and choose from a variety of sandwiches, side salads and desserts. Bottled water is included.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :453 1st St E, Sonoma, CA 95476, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Jackets and rain protection are recommended in the winter months.
- Minimum age is 21 years
- MUST advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- No consumption of alcoholic beverage is allowed on the trolley
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Tasting fees are not included and must be paid to the winery upon arrival. Fees range from $20-30.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.