Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour
Our rigorous Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour is a low-speed, bumpy sightseeing tour of the scenic Sonoran desert via the Tonto National Forest. Your professional tour guide, who is a certified off-road driver and the only driver throughout your Jeep tour, will teach you about the Sonoran desert flora and fauna on the most scenic trails in the Scottsdale area. Your daytime tour will trek through spectacular Jeep trails leading to the Verde River, where guests can catch a glimpse of our roaming wild horse population.
Vehicles used: Jeep YJ (7 seats).
Off-Road Jeep Adventures is a special recreation permit-holder through the U.S. Department of Agriculture: Cave Creek Ranger District and the U.S. Department of the Interior: Bureau of Land Management.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Tonto National Forest
- Entry/Admission - Verde River
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tonto National Forest, Arizona
The trailhead is located 15 minutes northeast of the Pinnacle Peak General Store. Off-Road Jeep Adventures is a commercial permit holder through the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Cave Creek Ranger District
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: Pinnacle Peak Park, 26802 N 102nd St, Scottsdale, AZ 85262-8331
Pinnacle Peak is a granite summit located in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Pass By: Reata Pass, Scottsdale, AZ 85262, USA
Reata pass is the last standing buildings of an old western stage coach station from the 1880's.
Stop At: Verde River, Arizona
The Verde River is a 195 mile scenic river that flows into the Salt River near Phoenix. We will be visiting the portion of the river located in the Tonto National Forest. Our guests sometimes catch a glimpse of the wild horse population near the river.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Village At Pinnacle Peak, 8711 E Pinnacle Peak Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory.
- This is a guide-led tour; guests will NOT be driving the Jeeps.
- From November to February, we strongly recommend warm clothing.
- Our bumpy off-road Jeep tours are low-speed, jarring rides through rough terrain. Please ensure that every guest in your party understands that this off-road tour is a low-speed, bumpy ride through rough terrain.
- Please carefully review our list of health restrictions and requirements. Due to safety concerns, we are unable to accommodate guests who do not meet the tour requirements. Ensure each guest in your party reads and understands the tour requirements. There will be no refunds issued to guests who fail to read and understand the health restrictions and requirements of this tour.
- No Neck Problems.
- Not recommended for guests who easily get motion sickness.
- Weight limit per seat: 275 pounds. Please contact our office to make special arrangements.
- Must be physically able to climb a step ladder to enter the lifted Jeeps.
- Not recommended for passengers with any condition that can be aggravated by a bumpy off-road ride through rough terrain.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 58 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- This is a public tour (not private).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.