Sound of Movies: Musical Tour to Salzburg from Vienna
Join a picturesque trip to Salzburg, the Sound of Music city to find the places shot in the film. Our tour is a perfect balance of information and fun as well as of incredible beauty of the Austrian Apls and the Old City of Salzburg. If you are a fan of the film, the tour is a-must and you could not visit Austria without doing it.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup from Vienna central hotels only (postcodes 1010 to 1090), if the hotel name is stated.
- Walking tour through the old town of Mondsee to St. Michael church
- Photo pauses at Alpine lakes of Mondsee and Wolfgangsee.
- Visit of the famous Gazebo in Hellbrunn Park
- Walking tour with a guide in Salzburg, incl. Mirabell Garden, Pegasus Fontain and other film setting
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or van with professional guide or driver-guide
- Guided tour on the way from Vienna to Salzburg and back
What's excluded :
- No pick up from apartments.
- Hotel drop-off. Tour ends at the Vienna State Opera, Albertinaplatz.
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees (not needed)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Schloss Leopoldskron
- Entry/Admission - Schloss Hellbrunn
- Entry/Admission - Nonnberg Convent
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Strengberg, Austria
In one and a half hour we will make a short coffee break at a quality restaurant Landzeit “Country time” on a highway, where you can relax and enjoy a comfortable rustic atmosphere and stretch your legs during your break.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mondsee, Mondsee, Upper Austria
Your unforgettable trip begins in the idyllic sceneries of the Austrian Alps, where you will visit the famous church of Mondsee, chosen by the film director as an ideal location for Maria’s wedding setting.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Saint Gilgen, 5340 St Gilgen, Austria
On the way to Salzburg you will not stop taking pictures of the beautiful lakes and peaks. View over elegant village of St. Gilgen on the northern shore of Lake Wolfgangsee reveals an Alpine idyll coupled with mountain Flair. One of Salzburg’s most famous sons has his ancestral roots here. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s mother, Anna, was born in this beautiful village.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Salzburg, Salzburg, Austrian Alps
You will take a stroll through the magnificent Mirabell Gardens, where Maria and children danced around the Pegasus Fountain while singing the song «Do-re-mi». Then you will see the picturesque „Hourse Pond“, shot in the film as well. Enjoy the chilling of the Residence Square with the famous Residence Fountain, the most famous fountain in the city, chosen for the «I have confidence in me» song. You will take picture of the Summer Riding School, where the Trapp family took part in the world-famous Salzburg music festival and enjoy the silence of the oldest cemetery in Austria by the Sankt Peter´s Monastery. Here the Trapp family finds a secure hiding place before escaping to Italy. As the city in which Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born and grew up, Salzburg can fairly claim the title of City of Mozart. Just be ready to bump into Mozart around almost every corner as well.
Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
Stop At: Schloss Leopoldskron, Leopoldskronstrasse 56-58, Salzburg 5020 Austria
We will be fascinated by this jewel of the Baroque perfectly chosen as an original shooting location for the world-famous movie.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Schloss Hellbrunn, Fuerstenweg 37, Salzburg 5020 Austria
You will enjoy the fresh air in the Hellbrunn Park, where the famous Gazebo pavilion has been still keeping the secret of the first Liesl’s kiss.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Nonnberg Convent, Nonnberggasse 2, Salzburg 5020 Austria
You will see the Nonnberg convent, the oldest in Europe that became famous thanks to voice of Maria Kutschera. Her story served as inspiration for the Sound of Music movie.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Landzeit Voralpenkreuz, Voralpenkreuz 2, 4642 Sattledt, Austria
Coffee break in a countrylike atmosphere of another quality restaurant Landzeit “Country time” on a highway, where we will make a compulsory 30 minutes stop for our coach according to EU law regulations.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Tourist-Info Wien, Albertinaplatz 1, 1010 Wien, Austria
Traveler pickup is offered
-Tour departs from "Tourist Info" at Albertina Platz, A-1010 Vienna. Beside the State Opera House, in front of the Albertina Museum. Underground station “Karlsplatz” U1, U2, U4. Please come latest 5 minutes before the tour departure to the 7Travel agency official and tell your name. - Free hotel pick-up is possible from Vienna central hotels only (postcodes 1010 to 1090). Please inform us about your hotel name and address till 04:00 pm a day before the tour. Pick up from apartments is not possible.- Hotel drop off is not included.- Exact pickup time depends on how the driver collects others on the way. Make sure that you are ready and waiting at the hotel reception area at 7:15am. We cannot give you an exact time for the pick-up because it will depend on how the driver collects others on the way. - That is why please don´t worry and wait from 07:15 a.m. till 08:00 a.m. We will not forget you. However, in case you are not there, the driver cannot wait for you longer than 5 minutes- Depending on the group size, the tours will be done by minivan with a driver-guide or by bus with a licensed guide.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Will be operated by a guide in English language only
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Depending on the group size, this tour will be conducted by minivan with a driver-guide or by bus with a licensed guide.
- Please note that you will cover approx. 630 km. by motorway on this day. It is approx. 8 hours drive with frequent stops.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by 7 TRAVEL