Sounds of NoLa Music Tour
New Orleans is famous for it's jazz music. However, the Crescent City's culture has influenced musicians from Louis Armstrong to Led Zeppelin. This is a look at New Orleans' international influence on pop culture in regards to the music industry. You will see where musical legends first performed and the first Rock n Roll recording studio in the world. Although our focus is on music, we will also point out several locations used on both the silver screen and television. The tour will last about 2 hours and is 1.3 miles of walking with an opportunity for a break.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase at any bar or 'To Go' window)
- On this tour you will be guided through the French Quarter and Armstrong Park to see where local and international legends of Jazz and Rock n Roll were influenced by the Big Easy. The tour will begin behind the statue of our city's founder, Jean Baptiste de la Moyne sieur Bienville. You will walk down our most famous street, Rue Bourbon and beyond to Congo Square where jazz music is rooted. The tour will end for your convenience, near the French Market, public restrooms and a streetcar stop (Yes, bars and restaurants too!).
* The origins of Jazz Music
* The evolution of Bourbon Street
* The Local recording industry
* Music spanning 150 years
Highlights of the tour
* Preservation Hall
* King Creole film locations (occasional mentions of Hollywood South)
* J & M Recording Studio (former)
* Occasional sampling of music recordings.
Departure Point :801 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (umbrellas are good for the Sun as well as the rain)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.