South Coast Adventure and Katla Natural Ice Cave
We start the day from Reykjavik in a bus and visit Lava Volcano Centre.
From there we stop at the gorgeous Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls before we head to Vik. You will have free time for lunch at Vík. From there we’ll whisk you away in a superjeep to a secret glacier area where you’ll have the chance to explore one of these magnificent natural wonders. We’ll then fit you up with some loan equipment, including a helmet, headlamp, and crampons. From here it’s a 5 to 10 minute hike across the glacier to our ice cave. Once inside you’ll have plenty of time to explore the cave, admire the amazing tones and wild shapes, and learn all about these incredible structures. After 45 to 60 minutes of exploration, we’ll hike back to the super jeep.
After the visit to Katla Volcano Ice Cave you have plenty of free time to explore Vik on your own, from approx. 15:30-19:00. We recommend going to the black sand beach and and see the Reynisdrangar rock formations and columnar basalt.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Local Guidance
- Superjeep tour from Vik to the Katla Ice Cave
- 45-60 minutes in the glacier Ice Cave area
- All necessary safety gear (helmet, headlamp, and crampons)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Think you don’t have time to visit an ice cave during your visit to Iceland? Think again! Our South Coast & Ice Cave Day Tour is the perfect way to experience an ice cave and have a few hours to explore the town of Vík on your own. We’ll whisk you away to a glacier area where you’ll have the chance to explore one of these magnificent wonders. This is a unique experience that you won’t soon forget, and one that any visitor to Iceland should have on their bucket list.
We start the day from Reykjavik in a bus and visit Lava Centre where you find seven monitors directly connected to all earthquake information over the last 48 hours.There you see how many volcanoes are here in Iceland and how many are active.
From there we stop at the gorgeous Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls before we head to Vik. You will have free time for lunch at Vík. There you will meet your cave guide and board a super jeep for an exhilarating ride through the local landscape. Once at the glacier area, your expert glacier guide will provide you with a full safety briefing. From here it’s a fun 5 to 10 minute hike across the glacier to our ice cave where you will have 45-60 minutes to explore the cave.
• Seljalandsfoss, Hella Iceland
• Skogafoss, Skogar Iceland
• Lava Centre, Austurvegi 12-14, Hvolsvollur 860 Iceland
• Reynisfjara Beach, Route 215, Vik Iceland
• Katla Volcano, Iceland
Departure Point :Umferðarmiðstöðin (BSÍ), 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 57 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.