South Coast Classic Day Trip from Reykjavik with Guide and Touchscreen Audio
Explore beaches, glaciers, and volcanoes along the south coast of Iceland on this 11-hour day trip from Reykjavik. Travel along the southern shores of Iceland with a guide and gain insight into the natural features for which the country is famous. Along the way, take in sites of interest including the Hekla and Eyjafjalljökull volcanoes, the islands of Vestmannaeyjar, Reynisfjara beach, and the Sólheimajökull glacier. Watch the surging currents at the Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls, and marvel at the beauty of the Icelandic countryside. Tour includes round-trip travel from Reykjavik.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Guide on board
- On-board audio guide with 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Finnish)
- On board free WiFi
- USB charger available in every seat
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Headphones / earbuds for the on-board audio guide (please bring your own; or, they are available for purchase on site)
- Hotel pickup is not included with your purchase. SmartBus™ hotel pickup is available at extra cost.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Reykjavik Sightseeing, Reykjavik Iceland
Tours depart from the Reykjavik Terminal located at Skógarhlíð 10. Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes prior to departure along with a printed or digital copy of your ticket/voucher.
If you have booked a hotel pickup with SmartBus™, please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green SmartBus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.
Pass By: Volcano Hekla, Iceland
Hekla is a stratovolcano in the south of Iceland with a height of 1,491 m (4,892 ft). Hekla is one of Iceland's most active volcanoes; over 20 eruptions have occurred in and around the volcano since 874. During the Middle Ages, Europeans called the volcano the "Gateway to Hell".
Stop At: Skogafoss, Skogar Iceland
Skógafoss powerful 65 meter tall waterfall where a short walk up a flight of steps will reveal one of Iceland's most scenic views of glaciers, volcanoes and black sandy beaches. With viewpoints both above and directly next to the waterfall, photographers will have plenty of chances to capture that unique shot.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Volcano Eyjafjallajokull, Selfoss Iceland
Eyjafjallajökull is one of the smaller ice caps of Iceland, north of Skógar and west of Mýrdalsjökull. The ice cap covers the caldera of a volcano with a summit elevation of 1,651 metres (5,417 ft). The volcano has erupted relatively frequently since the Last Glacial Period, most recently in 2010, when, although relatively small for a volcanic eruption, it caused enormous disruption to air travel across western and northern Europe for a week.
Stop At: Reynisfjara Beach, Route 215, Vik Iceland
This one of the most famous and most visited sites in all of Iceland. Marvel at the unique volcanic black sand beach of Reyisfjara with rising basalt columns, a large basalt stone cave which has been battered by heavy oceanic waves. This is both a beautiful and dangerous destination, where heavy 'sneaker' or rogue waves can catch visitors off guard by coming higher up the beach than expected. We always warn you to keep one eye on the ocean as you enjoy this sight.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Vik, Vik, South Region
The quaint town of Vík is Iceland's southernmost town with a traditional Icelandic church overlooking the ocean and the three trolls of the black sand beach. At this stop you will have a chance to grab some lunch & use the restroom, explore the town, spend time at the beach, or do some souvenir shopping at Icewear's outlet store. This is the farthest point along the south coast tour, from here we will head back in the direction of Reykjavik.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Seljalandsfoss, Hella Iceland
The Seljalandsfoss waterfall is for many guests the highlight of this trip, as you can walk along and behind this waterfall offering a completely unique perspective; just be sure to bring a rain jacket! During the short days of winter as you may be arriving in the evening, this waterfall is light up to still give you a chance to capture the perfect regardless of the amount of sunlight. From here we will spend about 1.5hrs in the coach returning to Reykjavik.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Reykjavik Terminal, Skógarhlíð 10, Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Because of traffic limitations, customers staying in postcode 101 might have to make their way to the closest pick-up spot. Your hotel receptionist can help you find out which one that is. If you are staying in a private accommodation, please contact the local supplier to knowPlease note: pickup is not available from Airbnb or private housing. Please contact the operator for information information on the nearest pick up location to your accommodationPick up is also available from the following hotels:- Apartment K - Ingólfsstræti 1a- AR Central Apartments- Best Western Hotel Reykjavík- Black Pearl Hotel- Domus Guesthouse- Flying Viking Guesthouse- Grettisborg Apartments- Guesthouse 101- Guesthouse Aurora- Guesthouse Summerday- Laugavegur Apartments- Reykjavik Domestic Airport- Villa Guesthouse- Black Tower- Gray Tower- Stay Apartments Einholt- Stay Apartments Laugavegur- Stay Brilliant- Skarfabakki cruise terminal- Reykjavík Terminal- Elding Whale watching center- Frakkastígur Apartments- BSÍ Bus terminal- Thomsen- Brilliant apartments- Apartment K - Lindargata 60- Reykjavik 4you Apartments - Laugavegur 85- Bergstaðarstræti Aparments- Hotel Reykjavik Center- Sandhotel- Apartment K - Skólastræti 1- Apartment K - Laugavegur 74- Apartment K - Laugavegur 85-86- Apartment K - Laugarvegur 46- Apartment K - Hverfisgata 37- Apartment K - Thingholtsstraeti 2-4- Apartment K - Hverfisgata 14- Phoenix Hotel- 1912 Guesthouse- Pávi Apartments- B14 - Rooms and Apartments- Konsulate Hotel by Hilton
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Audio-guide available in: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 65 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.