South Coast of Iceland and black beach ATV ride
On this extraordinary tour you will ride a powerful ATV over vast black volcanic beach, walk behind thundering veil of water at Seljalandsfoss and absorb the incredible view over Iceland's South Coast from the top of Skógafoss Waterfall. ATV biking is great way to explore the volcanic black sandy beaches on the south coast. Drive to the raw sandy beach, trough small rivers and streams, which derives from the dormant volcano Katla. Make your way to the DC3 plane wreck from 1973, recently seen in Justin Bieber’s music video and photoshoots. On your way you can adore the amazing view up to Mýrdalsjökull glacier and along the big black coast all the way to Dyrhólaey, the southernmost part of Iceland. After an adventurous ATV ride we make our way to an iconic waterfall duo, Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss. Two of Iceland’s most renowned waterfalls and truly a must see when visiting Iceland.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Guide on board
- On-board audio guide with 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Finnish)
- Approx. 2 hrs ATV ride to the famous DC3 plane wreck.
- On board free WiFi
- USB charger available in every seat
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Headphones / earbuds for the on-board audio guide (please bring your own; or, they are available for purchase on site)
- Hotel pickup is not included with your purchase. SmartBus™ hotel pickup is available at extra cost.
- Single ride (possible to add to booking on location)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skógafoss, Iceland
Along the return trip to Reykjavik, we will stop at the powerful 65 meter tall Skógafoss Waterfall where a short walk up a flight of steps will reveal one of Iceland´s most scenic views of glaciers, volcanoes and black sandy beaches. With viewpoints both above and directly next to the waterfall, photographers will have plenty of chances to capture that unique shot.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Seljalandsfoss, Iceland
The Seljalandsfoss waterfall is for many guests the highlight of this trip, as you can walk along and behind this waterfall offering a completely unique perspective; just be sure to bring a rain jacket! During the short days of winter as you may be arriving in the evening, this waterfall is light up to still give you a chance to capture the perfect regardless of the amount of sunlight. From here we will spend about 1.5 hrs in the coach returning to Reykjavik.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Reykjavik Terminal, Skógarhlíð 10, Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups are operated by SmartBus™ - We kindly ask you to be ready outside your accommodation or at the nearest bus stop 30 minutes before departure time. Because of traffic limitations, customers staying in postcode 101 might have to make their way to the closest pick-up spot. Your hotel receptionist can help you find out which one that is. If you are staying in a private accommodation, please contact the local supplier to knowPlease note: pickup is not available from Airbnb or private housing. Please contact the operator for information information on the nearest pick up location to your accommodationPick up is also available from the following hotels:- Apartment K - Ingólfsstræti 1a - AR Central Apartments- Best Western Hotel Reykjavík- Black Pearl Hotel - Domus Guesthouse- Flying Viking Guesthouse- Grettisborg Apartments- Guesthouse 101 - Guesthouse Aurora- Guesthouse Summerday- Laugavegur Apartments- Reykjavik Domestic Airport- Villa Guesthouse- Black Tower - Gray Tower- Stay Apartments Einholt- Stay Apartments Laugavegur - Stay Brilliant- Skarfabakki cruise terminal- Reykjavík Terminal - Elding Whale watching center- Frakkastígur Apartments - BSÍ Bus terminal- Thomsen - Brilliant apartments- Apartment K - Lindargata 60- Reykjavik 4you Apartments - Laugavegur 85- Bergstaðarstræti Aparments- Hotel Reykjavik Center- Sandhotel- Apartment K - Skólastræti 1 - Apartment K - Laugavegur 74- Apartment K - Laugavegur 85-86- Apartment K - Laugarvegur 46- Apartment K - Hverfisgata 37- Apartment K - Thingholtsstraeti 2-4- Apartment K - Hverfisgata 14- Phoenix Hotel- 1912 Guesthouse- Pávi Apartments- B14 - Rooms and Apartments- Konsulate Hotel by HiltonPorts
- Skarfabakki cruise terminal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Age limit is 5 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Audio-guide available in: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.