South Coast Private Tour from Reykjavik with 2 hours of hiking on a Glacier
The vast expanse of Iceland’s southern coastal plain with 2 hours of Glacier hiking in this option-packed tour
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- South Coast Tour:
- Private tour
- Bottled water
- WiFi in vehicle
- South Coast Tour by private vehicle
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in the capital area
- Glacier Hiking Tour:
- 2 hours of Glacier Hiking (Not Private)
- English speaking guide
- Ice axe
- Other safety equipment
- Entry/Admission - Eyjafjallajokull Visitor Centre
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees, unless specified
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- The South coast of Iceland holds some of the most beautiful natural attractions in Iceland
The vast expanse of Iceland’s southern coastal plain, sandwiches snow-capped glaciers and the sea and crisscrossed by some of the country’s most powerful rivers, is the subject of this option-packed tour. First stop is the waterfall Seljalandsfoss, set against the backdrop of Eyjafjallajökull glacier, before continuing to the waterfall Skógarfoss and Folk Museum at Skógar. One of the most interesting of its kind in Iceland, the museum building are roofed with turf in the traditional way.
Glacier walk is a great glacier adventure where you can try for yourself how it feels to walk on ice. We walk on Sólheimajökull glacier (a part of the Mýrdalsjökull ice cap) on the south coast of Iceland where we have our glacier walk base. Nearby Skógar and Vík.
It is about 30 minute walk from our base to the glacier.
We walk through the varied landscape on our way, formed by the glacier for the past thousands of years. There you will see how fast the glacier has been melting for the past 15 years. After safety briefing and a lesson in ice walking we will head onto the glacier to experience this unique environment with some amazing terrain with crevasse, sink holes and ice ridges.
Sólheimajökull is the southernmost glacier in Iceland, the ice is up to about 200 meters thick and the total size with the ice cap Mýrdalsjökull about 600 km2. Underneath the main ice cap is the caldera of the volcano Katla, one of Iceland biggest volcano.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pickup at any accommodation in the capital area.Ports
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress according to weather
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour is not for children under the age of 10
- The glacier walk do not require any special skills and the tour can be enjoyed by people in good health.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.