South Coast Volcanoes - Private tour
The volcanoes in South of Iceland are loaded with power and breathtaking beauty. The South Coast of Iceland offers some of the island's most striking sceneries such as the waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss, the black sand beach Reynisfjara, the charming village Vik, a view to the glaciers Eyjafjallajokull and Myrdalsjokull.
In a private tour like this, we can also be flexible. We know about hidden places away from the famous tourist attractions. We like to show them to small groups on a personal tour but we do not want them to get so famous that they will get crowded with people.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- In this tour, we drive over Mt. Hengill, one of Reykjavik's volcanoes over to the South coast. On the way down at the other side, we begin to see the South Coast volcanoes emerging in the distance.
Hekla is probably Iceland's most active volcano, having erupted every 10 years for a long time. Now she has been quiet for 18 years so the next one can happen any day. Driving through the south we see the volcanoes on our left hand and the Atlantic on our right.
Eyjafjallajökull, famous for erupting 2010 and stopping all flight traffic in the northern hemisphere, is one of our destinations but on our way to there, we pass some stunning waterfalls like Seljalandsfoss and Skógarfoss. On the way to there, we have the option of a stop at the Volcano Center in Hvolsvöllur. It is a newly opened interactive volcano museum that brings the volcanoes to live.
The black sand beach Reynisfjara is our last stop before turning back. It is among the most stunning and most photographed places in Iceland.
Departure Point :Centrally located Reykjavik hotels
Return Detail :Your hotel in central Reykjavik
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.