South Iceland Tour from Reykjavik with ATV Adventure
This one-day tour of Iceland's South Coast is ideal for all the adrenaline junkies out there. The guided excursion includes an exciting drive on an ATV across black sands as well as viewing amazing sights of the area. The tour also includes visits to two of the area's most famous waterfalls, Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from major hotels and designated meeting points
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- 1 hour ATV tour with a local guide (two persons share each ATV and can take turns driving it)
- Insulated cover-all, helmet and balaclava during ATV tour
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Sólheimasandur Parking
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skogafoss, Skogar Iceland
The first stop will be at Skógafoss, one of the largest waterfalls in Iceland.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Sólheimasandur Parking, Iceland
Mount up on quad bikes and tear through the vast black lava sands, splashing through a few rivers along the way. At the beach stop to take in the awesome view of Mýrdalsjökull glacier before carrying on to Jökulsá river and to the ruins of an aircraft wreck from 1973. The airplane has been left among sand dunes for decades, after it had to make an emergency landing, and this unusual sight has been used as backdrop for many music videos and photoshoots.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Solheimasandur Plane Wreck, Vik, Iceland
Stop at the famous plane wreck on Solheimasandur during your ATV trip
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Katla Volcano, Iceland
Pass By: Volcano Eyjafjallajokull, Selfoss Iceland
One of Iceland's most notorious volcanoes, which last erupted in 2010
Stop At: Solheimajokull Glacier, Vik Iceland
Short stop at the edge of Solheimajokull glacier
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Myrdalsjokull Glacier, Vík í Mýrdal, Vik Iceland
A large glacier, and the volcano Katla hides beneath the ice cap
Stop At: Seljalandsfoss, Hella Iceland
On the way back to Reykjavik stop at Seljalandsfoss, one of the most iconic waterfalls on the South Coast. A path leads you behind the waterfall, giving you a unique perspective.
The tour returns to Reykjavik in the evening, where you will be dropped off at or near to your hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Gray Line Iceland, Klettagarðar, Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is offered from most hotels and guesthouses in the capital area, as well as from cruise ports.Pick-ups from hotels in the city center are not possible from directly in front of the hotel due to traffic restrictions, instead passengers must come to the nearest bus pickup point.Ports
- Skarfabakki cruise port
- Miðbakki cruise port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Please dress appropriately for weather
- Price is based on two persons sharing an ATV, extra charge applies for solo riders
- A valid driver's licence is required to operate the ATV
- Bring a packed lunch on the tour, or buy a snack at a tour stop on the way.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- • Allow access only via the back door of the vehicle if possible. • Ask passengers to spread throughout the vehicles as possible. • Masks are only required for those who are coughing or sneezing. • May need to present COVID-19 free results from testing at the airport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.