South Lake Tahoe Snowshoe Rental
Go traipsing through fresh powder with snowshoe rentals in South Lake Tahoe. Pop into one of the multiple outfitter locations for snowshoes, poles and insulated boots. You can even just rent the snowshoes, if that’s all you need. Then thump through blankets of snow in the Sierra Nevada mountains, where generally mild winter weather, clear blue skies and huge amounts of snowfall make South Lake Tahoe a snowshoer's paradise. If needed, jackets, pants and helmets are also available to rent for additional fees, along with other winter accessories to keep extra toasty.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional staff who will match you with equipment that best suits your measurements and ability
- Brochures & maps of local ski resorts
- Snowshoes, boots and poles
- Refurbishing fee (R.E.F.
What's excluded :
- Choose from multiple locations in South Lake Tahoe to retrieve your rentals and begin your snowy excursion. On your way to the mountains, grab your shoes, poles and helmet at the main shop near the Heavenly Gondola. If you’re already equipped with outdoor gear simply opt for the snowshoes. Alternatively, avoid the hassle of hauling bulky equipment and rent jackets, pants and helmets for additional fees. You can also purchase forgotten gloves, hats and goggles to ward off any chills. Book your rental in advance to ensure first crack at the gear, especially on clear days when other snowshoers flock to the slopes. Trained staff at each location will help ensure proper fit and sizing.
As one of the closest locations to the rental sites, Heavenly affords views of crystal-clear Lake Tahoe and Nevada's desert in the distance during a trip through its three miles (five kilometers) of groomed trails. Or choose to explore on foot at Kirkwood, which boasts some of the best powder in the area. Another option: Sierra-At-Tahoe is located conveniently off Highway 50 and offers more than three miles (five kilometers) of groomed trails, complete with interpretive trail signs.
With a milder winter than Utah, the Rockies or the East Coast ski resorts, South Lake Tahoe is the perfect place to explore on a pair of snowshoes. The Sierra Nevada mountain range offers plenty of opportunities for padding through fresh powder. Enjoy tracking through the snow under clear blue skies for just the day, or opt for a multi-day rental and explore Lake Tahoe’s 192 square miles (49,728 hectares) at your leisure. More relaxed than battling chairlift lines on the ski slopes, snowshoeing through South Lake Tahoe offers a unique vantage point for viewing the mountains’ snow-covered pines, winter wildlife and crystal blue alpine lake.
Once you’re finished with your adventure, simply drop off the equipment at one of the rental locations.
Departure Point :1133 Ski Run Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is no additional charge for renting the night before (between 3pm—8pm)
- Need winter sports clothing or accessories? Rent jackets, pants and helmets for additional fees. Gloves, hats and goggles are available for purchase only.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.