South Okanagan Desert Tour
The Okanagan Desert Tour is an unforgettable experience. Travel by foot through Canada's only desert in search of secretive and fascinating creatures found nowhere else in Canada.
The Okanagan Desert Tour showcases the unique, rare, and endangered places, plants, and animals of the Osoyoos area. You visit one of the four most endangered ecosystems in Canada, the region with the highest species diversity and some of the last remaining Sage and Antelope ecosystems in Canada. Minimum 2 people
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water - Chilled bottled and sparking water
- Binoculars, Spotting scope, Birding Field Guides, Plant Guides
- Entry/Admission - Desert Centre Osoyoos
- Entry/Admission - Nk'Mip Desert Cultural Centre
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Sit down lunch at a restaurant (à la carte price not incl)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Desert Centre Osoyoos, 14580 146 Ave, Osoyoos, BC V0H 1V2, Canada
Guided tour of Canada's only desert along a 1.5km elevated boardwalk
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Vaseux Lake Provincial Park, Highway 97, Oliver, British Columbia V0H 1R0 Canada
Birdwatch from the Vaseux Lake boardwalk and viewing tower. A birding hotspot in Canada with 205 observed species.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Nk'Mip Desert Cultural Centre, 1000 Rancher Creek Rd Nk'Mip Resort, Osoyoos, British Columbia V0H 1V0 Canada
At the Nk’ Mip Desert Cultural Centre we hunt along the interpretive trail to find signs of snakes and often a wild snake. You could see the Yellow-bellied Racer, Pocket Desert Gopher Snake, or Western Rattlesnake. An unforgettable experience!
We also take part in the Snakes Alive program presented by Nk'Mip staff.
Duration: 15 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup from all major hotels in Kelowna, West Kelowna, Penticton, and Osoyoos as well as B&Bs, Vacation rentals, Campgrounds, and Private residences.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.