Southampton: Post-Cruise Tour to London via Salisbury, Stonehenge and Windsor
Combine your cruise transfer with this great day of sightseeing!
When your cruise ship docks at the Port of Southampton, board the coach and visit three of England's must-see destinations – Salisbury, Stonehenge and Windsor. In the beautiful city of Salisbury, you’ll see the medieval Salisbury Cathedral. Then enjoy the drive to Stonehenge, where you can contemplate the various theories about this prehistoric monument, and visit the town of Windsor, home to Windsor Castle. The coach will then take you to Heathrow Airport, selected Heathrow Airport hotels, and any city centre London accommodation.
per adult from
What's included :
- One-way transport by executive coach
- Guided tour of Salisbury
- Port pickup and hotel drop-off at selected Heathrow Airport hotels and centrally located London hotels within zone 1
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to Windsor Castle (approx. £22.00) and Stonehenge (approx. £21) and Salisbury Cathedral.
- Entry/Admission - Salisbury Cathedral and Magna Carta
- Entry/Admission - Stonehenge
- Entry/Admission - Windsor Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salisbury Cathedral and Magna Carta, 6 The Close, Salisbury SP1 2EF England
This port transfer allows you to combine the drive from the Port of Southampton to London with visits to three world-class attractions! You will be met on arrival at the Southampton docks by your friendly guide and transferred by luxury coach to London via Salisbury, Stonehenge and Windsor.
The first stop on our tour is the beautiful town of Salisbury, location of one of Britain’s best examples of Gothic architecture and home to the tallest Cathedral spire in the whole of England, the world’s oldest clock and one of the four original copies of the Magna Carta. After a guided tour through the medieval town, you will have free time to explore on your own and go into the cathedral if you wish.
We plan to spend one hour in Salisbury, enough time for a photo stop and visit to the Cathedral, before hopping back in your coach and drive through the beautiful English countryside, past villages with historical churches and thatched-roof cottages. We recommend purchasing lunch for later in the day in Salisbury.
Entry to Salisbury Cathedral is not included on this tour, and entry prices are on a recommended donation basis. Please note as Salisbury Cathedral is a working Cathedral it may be subject to last minute closures.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Stonehenge, Amesbury SP4 7DE England
On the way to our second stop if the day, Stonehenge, your guide will tell you of he many myths, legends and facts behind one of the greatest mysteries of the prehistoric world. Was it a temple, a clock, a burial site? Decide for yourself as you walk around the stones.
You'll have the chance to visit this world famous monument from 4-5,000 years ago and still have enough time for the gift shop or a quick coffee. You'll also have the chance to explore the new visitor centre and neolithic village.
If you would like to enter Stonehenge, please select the 'Entry included' at the time of booking.
If you select 'Entry not included', you can purchase Stonehenge tickets from your guide on the day of your tour if there is availability.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Windsor Castle, Castle Hill, Windsor SL4 1PD England
Almost 1,000 years of royal history are waiting for you at Windsor Castle, perched high above the River Thames and the largest continuously occupied castle in the world. Home to British Monarchs for one thousand years and the official residence of Queen Elizabeth II, the Castle remains a working palace to this day.
See the splendour of St. George’s chapel and the sumptuous state apartments. The guide will not enter Windsor Castle with you - you will receive a personal audio guide on admission so you can take in Windsor Castle at your own pace.
If you wish to enter Windsor Castle, please select 'Entry included' at the time of booking. Should you choose not to enter the Castle, Windsor itself is a pretty town full of traditional shops and historic pubs.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: International Friends, 229 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5PN England
Your coach will depart Windsor at approximately 4pm for your journey to London, which is less than an hour’s drive. When you arrive in London, additional vehicles or taxis may be used (included in the price) to ensure that hotel drop-offs for all passengers are completed as quickly as possible.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
If your ship is delayed in docking, we will wait!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Herbert Walker Avenue, Herbert Walker Ave, Southampton, UK
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :1: London, UK
2: Heathrow Central Bus Station (Stand 1), Hounslow TW6 1DJ, UK
3: Heathrow Terminals 2 & 3, Hounslow TW6 1RU, UK
4: Heathrow Terminal 4, Hounslow TW6 3YD, UK
5: Heathrow Terminal 5, Hounslow TW6 2GA, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- This service is available on all dates (April to November) when Royal Caribbean, Oceania, NCL, Celebrity, Cunard, Azamara & Princess cruise ships are visiting Southampton. Service also available to passengers on other ships not listed when dates and arrival times coincide with ships listed. Please note you will need to make your own way to the ship we are servicing on that date.
- If you are staying in a London Heathrow airport hotel, you will be dropped off from 4pm. For other London airport hotels you will be dropped at Victoria Station, where there are trains and buses to all four major airports
- At 5pm, we begin drop offs in Central London districts: Kensington, Bayswater, Paddington, Marble Arch, Mayfair, West End, Victoria, County Hall, Bloomsbury, Tower of London/London Bridge, Liverpool Street, Waterloo, Kings Cross, Regents Park, Maida Vale, Sloane Square and Knightsbridge.
- Most major hotels have coach access, but some smaller hotels and apartments are in pedestrian areas or on very narrow roads that a large bus cannot access. In these cases, you will be dropped off as close to your accommodation as possible, but it may require a short walk with your luggage
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- lease note for 2020/2021 Windsor Castle is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and it can also be subject to last minute closures. As such, entry to the Castle is not automatically included on our day trip. On days when the Castle is open the guide will take you to the Castle entry. If you intend on visiting the Castle we strongly recommend booking your tickets in advance to guarantee entry.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- 50% of all available seats will be left empty to ensure customer space and distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.