Southern Coast Highlights from Negombo
(SKU: LK60050800) This tour has 2 of the unique experiences in the south coast of Sri Lanka. The tour of Handunugoda Tea Factory which is one the only tea factories in Sri Lanka that is located close to the beach and a guided tour of the Fort of Galle, its ramparts and parts of the original town that have importance; An original experience with a local resident whose family has lived and worked in Galle for generations.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your hotel in Negombo.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- Water bottle (per-person).
What's excluded :
- Food or Drinks
- Expenses of Personal Nature
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Handunugoda Tea Estate
- Entry/Admission - Galle Fort
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Handunugoda Tea Estate, Handunugoda Rd Tittagalla, Ahangama 80650 Sri Lanka
Among the foothills of Ahangama rises the famous Virgin White Tea Factory, Handunugoda. Surrounded by an evergreen forest in the Southern Province, Handunugoda Tea Estate is the only estate and factory in the coastal belt of Sri Lanka. They have much reknown as the artisanal producers of luxury teas. In addition to the Signature Virgin White, the factory is also known for other award-winning teas such as Ceylon Souchong, Saphire Oolong, and Flowery Cammellia. The teas are exclusively created and handmade by the sole proprieter Herman Gunaratne; using tried and tested orthodox methods to produce exquisite whole-leaf teas that can be brewed several times.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Galle Fort, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
The Galle Fort, or Dutch Fort as it is also known, is a fortification first built by the Portugese on the Southwestern coast of Sri Lanka. The initial fortifications, which were built in the late 16th century, were quite basic. However the fort underwent extensive modifications in the 17th century by the Dutch, making it one of the most important archeological, architectural and historic monuments to illutrate the European influence in South East Asia between the 16th and 19th centuries. According to a statement by UNESCO the site was recognized as a World Heritage Site for its unique exposition of an urban ensemble which illustrates the interaction of European architecture and South Asian traditions from the 16th to the 19th centuries which is the criteterion number four for such recognition.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Negombo
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes and hats recommended.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.