Southern Flavors of Savannah Walking Dessert Tour
• Duration of tour: 3 Hours
• Enjoy learning the history of Savannah with desserts and non-alcoholic drinks included.
• Visit the famous Cheesecake Market at Tondee’s Tavern, and learn the history behind the famous Mabel’s on Ellis Square. Also visit or dear friends at Blends on Broughton Street for coffee cake & coffee and Odin and Sons on Wright Square for Macarons. Next, head to City Market to visit Savannah’s Candy Kitchen for Praline samples and cookie samples from Byrd’s Famous Cookie Co. Finish your tour up at Dub’s Public House on the Historic Riverfront for hand made browinies and ice cream.
• Name of the city where the tour departs: Historic Downtown Savannah Georgia
* Alcoholic beverages are not included in the ticket price.
* Restaurants are subject to change.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private Tour
- Coffee and/or Tea, Dessert
- Drinks (non-alcoholic)
- Entry/Admission - Savannah Historic District
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Savannah Historic District, 301 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Savannah, GA 31401-4217
Meet your guide at 5:00 INSIDE Tondee’s Tavern, 7 East Bay Street in downtown Savannah Georgia. After trying cheesecake from their award winning CHEESECAKE MARKET over a brief introduction to the HISTORY OF THE CITY, visit FACTOR’S WALK, the WASHINGTON GUNS, hidden tunnels, then historic JOHNSON SQUARE. The Famous MABEL’S CUPCAKE EMPORIUM is up next. We then visit NUTS ABOUT SAVANNAH every day except Sunday. Next up is our local friends at BLENDS COFFEE BOUTIQUE, then on to the disturbing history of Wright Square. Back to Broughton Street for Flash Frozen ice cream at BELOW ZERO. Visit CITY MARKET for Savannah staples such as PRALINES from the famous SAVANNAH CANDY KITCHEN and the amazing cookies from BYRD’S FAMOUS COOKIE COMPANY since 1924. After the history of Ellis Square and the market place, finish up with locals Below Zero for Thailand’s famous street food, rolled Ice cream, their dish for our local team, Savannah banana’s.
This food tour is conducted at a leisurely pace but please consider bringing a bottle of water, checking the forecast to see in an umbrella or sunscreen is needed and of course, walking shoes. Conclude your tour very close to where you started at noon. Everyone is welcome however we can only do our best for folks with dietary restrictions or food allergies. Food allergies are of course of the upmost imprtance. Please communicate any issues as far in advance as possible. Also, this is a histoic city, uneven surfaces and stairs are part of this tour. Mobility issues should also be advised in advance.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Tondee's Tavern, 7 E Bay St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :225 W River St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.