Southwest Tasmania Wilderness Experience: Fly Cruise and Walk Including Lunch
Fly to Southwest National Park, Tasmania’s largest national park, and discover the beauty of this Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. Enjoy views of Hobart and Tasmania’s remote southwest on your flight to the national park, and take a scenic cruise out to Bathurst Harbour, a remote waterway three times the size of Sydney Harbour.
All tours include two spectacular scenic flights, a boat cruise to Bathurst Harbour and lunch including Tasmanian produce and wine.
per adult from
What's included :
- National Park fees
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Local Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Hobart, Hobart, Greater Hobart, Tasmania
Join the friendly Par Avion staff, once you board your let us amaze you. Departing daily from Hobart, our aircraft will fly you into this remote area via the south coast of Tasmania
Pass By: Bruny Island, Bruny Island, Tasmania
Stop At: Southwest National Park, Tasmania Australia
Flying over Hobart’s eastern suburbs and the Derwent River, we will make our way down the D’Entrecasteaux Channel, past Recherche Bay to Tasmanian’s most southern point, South East Cape. At this point we leave civilisation behind and enter the vast south west wilderness by following the South Coast Track all the way to Melaleuca.
The magnificent Southwest National Park is the heart of the Tasmanian wilderness and contains some of the finest and most remote wilderness found anywhere in the world.
On arrival to Melaleuca we'll board our tour boat for a cruise into Bathurst Harbour, an untouched waterway twice the size of Sydney Harbour.
You will see the remote Celery Top Islands, take walks in the wilderness, giving you an opportunity to experience untouched landscape while breathing the cleanest air in the world. We will pick a remote location for a delicious lunch including Tasmanian produce and wine.
On our return to Melaleuca, you’ll have the opportunity to explore some of the area, including a visit to see the rare and endangered Orange-Bellied Parrot at the Deny King Bird Hide, and the award winning Needwonnee walk.
Late in the afternoon, we’ll board our aircraft again, and return to Hobart, flying via spectacular Federation Peak, and Mt Picton, over Huonville and Hobart city.
The tour is approximately 6 hours in duration. Our price includes lunch consisting of wine and Tasmanian produce, boat trip, and scenic flights to and from Melaleuca.
Duration: 5 hours
Pass By: Hartz Mountains National Park, 22 Main Road Raminea - not Huonville, Tasmania 7116 Australia
Pass By: Kunanyi, Mt Wellington, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
Departure Point :115 Kennedy Dr, Cambridge TAS 7170, Australia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.