Soviet Berlin I - Behind the Iron Curtain - private tour
Enjoy a private tour with a GDR-born and certified guide! Learn more about the end of the Third Reich in Berlin, the establishment of the Soviet Occupation, the Cold War in Berlin, the Berlin Wall, and life behind the Iron Curtain.
Join us on a tour in the center of Berlin. Experience Soviet history right in the heart of this exciting metropolis. We follow the footsteps of the Red Army during the last great battle of World War II in Europe. You will learn about the Soviets as an occupying power and how Berlin became one of the most important battlefields of the Cold War.
On this special tour, you will pass by some of the most famous sights in Berlin and get to know the Soviet history of these places.
★ 3,5h walking tour through the city center of Berlin
★ Price: 179€/ private group
per adult from
What's included :
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- You will meet your personal guide at the Berlin Central Station/ Washington Square. From the banks of river Spree we will walk to some of the most famous sights in the city center of Berlin such as the Reichstag or the Brandenburg Gate. It was the route of the Soviet Red army during the capture of the Reichstag building.
The Soviet War Memorial in the Berlin Tiergarten is a iconic symbol of this final battle. The final resting place of about 2.000 Soviet soldiers is guarded by a colossal Soviet soldier statue.
The Brandenburg Gate once was the at the border between West Berlin and East Berlin - thus it became a symbol in the Cold War. With passing the Brandenburg Gate we will immerse ourselves in the eastern districts of Berlin. The former Soviet embassy can be seen as an architectural symbol of Soviet power in the heart of the German capital.
On our way through East Berlin we head for hirsorical sites such as the famous Friedrichstraße train station with the notorious border crossing "Palace of Tears", the world famous Checkpoint Charlie and a socialist Boulevard.
The tour ends at Gendarmenmarkt - one of the most beautiful city squares in Berlin.
Overall this tour includes a walking distance of about 5 kilometers. Please dress appropriate. A day ticket Berlin AB is required - please buy it in advance.
Individual agreements are possible! For further questions please call +49-160-5111-887 (WhatsApp, Telegram, Messenger)
Departure Point :Berlin Main Station
Return Detail :Gendarmenmarkt
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.