Special Christian Rome and Underground Basilicas Private tour
Enjoy a half-day walking tour of Christian Rome and discover underground treasures in some of the most sensational churches. On this private tour, you'll hear fascinating facts as you travel to the ancient basilicas of St. Clement, the Cathedral of St. John in the Lateran Palace, Basilica Santi Quattro Coronati, and the Basilica di San Pietro in Vincoli (Moise).
* The entrance to the basilicas requires appropriate clothing: shorts, miniskirts and uncovered shoulders are not allowed.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (hotels/accommodations in centrally located Rome)
- 3 hours Professional guide
- Emergency number also operational via whatsapp
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of San Clemente
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arcibasilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Piazza di Porta San Giovanni, 4, 00184 Rome Italy
Visit of St. John Lateran Basilica, the oldest of the four Papal Basilicas, considered “The Church of Rome”, the mother of all churches The Cathedral, the place where the Bishop has the seat.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Ss. Quattro Coronati, Via Dei Santissimi Quattro 20, 00184 Rome Italy
Church of the Four Crowned Saints, dedicated to four anonymous saints and martyrs and where in the 2002, an extraordinary series of frescoes was discovered with scenes of the Zodiac, Four Seasons, Liberal Arts and King Solomon.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Basilica of San Clemente, Via Labicana 95, 00184 Rome Italy
the tour continues with the visit of St. Clement’s Basilica, the only church in Rome to be built on 3 different levels, from the 1st to the 12th century and the underground floors can be explored, including the altar of Mithras from the 1st century.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Piazza di San Pietro in Vincoli 4/a, 00184 Rome Italy
St. Peter’s in Chains Basilica, called like that for the chains that, according to the tradition, Helene – Constantine’s mother- brought in Rome and for a miracle where joined to the other St. Peter’s chain in Rome. The church, furthermore, is very well renowned for the statue of Moses that Michelangelo created for the tomb of the Pope Julius II.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free Pick up from Hotels, Appartments, Bed&breakfast, accomodations. only in the city center (inside the Aurelian Walls). The address must to be provide on the reservation. If you do not find yourhotel in the list you must necessarily write it. without the service it is not guaranteed
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note: shorts, miniskirts and uncovered shoulders are not allowed in the basilicas
- Dress code is smart casual
- Provide the Correct address of your accommodation , hotel, B&B
- PICK UP only in the city center inside the Aurelian Walls
- Provide the correct phone number with international country code
- One day before 24 H. Call to confirm the pick up
- Time for pick up at the hotel must be confirmed the day before between 10.00 am and 6.00 pm on the emergency phone or whatsapp
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Coronavirus information: Below a brief list of the measures will be taken to ensure the safety of customers during the tours and on board our vehicles
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.