Spice Stories - Walking tour of Spices
There are cardamom hills, there is cardamom hill reserve, there is the Western Ghats. Spices from Southern India was considered to have possessed world-class quality. Pepper is known as the King and cardamom is known as the queen of spices, and the best of them come from the Western Ghats of Southern India. Did you know that cardamom plantation was the Monopoly of the Travancore Kingdom that ruled over Southern Kerala for more than 400 years, yes along with the British towards the end.. It was so much revenue for the Kingdom, they could not have ever diluted it. What is quality when it comes to spices...size, color, taste, aroma.. you got to find it from the stories we tell.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Toilet facilities
- Drinking water
What's excluded :
The tours involves about history of the Cardamom hills,the plantations, the history, the politics, trade, export, the plant, the harvest, its area of application, the people behind it, the quality... the story goes on. Essentially it is a walking tour about spices where you take back a lot of information back home about these little things great qualities.
• Chellarkovil Viewpoint, Chellaracovil-Mettu Road, Thekkady 685509 India
• Cardamom Hills, Western Ghats India
Departure Point :Beaumont Plantation Retreat, Chellarcovil, Thekkady, Anakkara, Tamil Nadu 685512, India
Departure Time :7/13/2019 - 10/30/2021
Monday: 09:00 AM - 05:30 PM Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 05:30 PM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Friday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.