Spirit of Old Beaufort Heritage Bus Tour
Travel back in time to explore the Gullah-Geechee heritage of South Carolina's Sea Islands in our comfortable, climate-controlled vehicle. On this tour we'll visit several areas of Beaufort County and discover it's lone history and unique culture. On this 3-hour tour, get ready to soak up some history and take in the sights: Discover Lady's Island, St. Helena, Hunting Island and more. See the site of one of the country's first schools for freed slaves – a local treasure and National Historic Landmark. Marvel at the ruins of island churches and learn the stories and songs that are part of their rich history. See a historic plantation house from the comfort of our air-conditioned vehicle. Beaufort and the surrounding areas are deeply rooted in the Gullah-Geechee culture, and we're eager to share it with you on this one-of-a-kind tour!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Penn Center
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 16 Penn Center Cir W, Saint Helena Island, SC 29920-5302
Guests will see the site of one of the country's first schools for freed slaves.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :209 Charles St, Beaufort, SC 29902, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Per State law, any person entering the premises waives all civil liability against this premises owner and operator for any injuries caused by the inherent risk associated with contracting COVID-19 at public gatherings, except for gross negligence, willful and wanton misconduct, reckless infliction of harm, or intentional infliction of harm, by the individual or entity of the premises.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We follow CDC guidelines.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.