Splendid Sweet Tour
Treat yourself to cake, chocolate and excellent coffee in Budapest! This 3 hour-long tour will introduce you to the city's coffee scene and pastry shops, you'll be able to visit the most important venues and listen to entertaining stories and anecdotes about how they came about.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- min. 5 stops with tastings
- coffee, cakes
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Your guide will take to a cafe serving specialty coffee for a proper new wave coffee and explain how java was introduced to Hungary centuries ago and how "black soup" became an essential part of everyday life here.
You'll get to enjoy mouthwateringly beautiful cake in one of the city's oldest and most elegant traditional coffee houses while listening to stories about the hoards of authors, poets and celebrities who spent most of their lives here. Spending the day in a coffee house free of charge used to be the norm for members of the literary elite, not a privilege as it would be today. You'll also get to know more about the art of baking as well as the recipes and people responsible for creating the decadent slices of cake that fill the shelves.
The tour includes a bakery established in the 1950s, boutiques selling artisanal bonbons, and a typical, elegant pastry shop in downtown Pest with modern desserts. As you walk through the city centre, your guide will give you a crash course on Hungarian history, culture, habits and everyday life. This makes the tour perfect not only for those with a sweet tooth or an addiction to coffee, but those who want to understand Budapest's past and present from the perspective of an ordinary citizen.
Departure Point :Central Market Hall, Budapest, Vámház krt. 1-3, 1093 Hungary
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :St. Stephen's Basilica, Budapest, Szent István tér 1, 1051 Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.