Split History walking tour
A unique opportunity to Explore the Diocletian's Palace listed by UNESCO , Visit the oldest cathedral in the world “St. Domnius & Sight the temple of Jupiter, Egyptian sphinx and Vestibule than following the Cardo street we arrive to the Golden Gate and the bishop Grgur of Nin.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Certified English Speaking Local Guide
- Entry/Admission - The Peristyle of Diocletian's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral of Saint Domnius
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Jupiter
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All Fees and Taxes
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Peristyle of Diocletian's Palace, Dioklecijanova Ulica, Split 21000 Croatia
Diocletian’s Palace is one of the largest preserved examples of Roman architecture in the world.it’s the beating heart of the city of Split.
One of the palace’s most important and most loved parts is the Peristyle.This was originally the courtyard of the fortress built by one of the last Roman emperors.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cathedral of Saint Domnius, Kraj Sv.Duje 5, Split 21000 Croatia
The most popular attraction in Split .It was built as a mausoleum for Diocletian, the last famous persecutor of the Christians.
The part of the cathedral is its bell tower which has become an emblem of the city
The exterior of the building is still encircled by an original colonnade of 24 columns & This structure also houses the cathedral's treasury, which is rich in reliquaries, icons, church robes, illuminated manuscripts and documents in Glagolitic script.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Jupiter, Kraj Sveti Ivana, Split 21000 Croatia
Dedicated to the Ancient Roman king of gods, the Temple of Jupiter was constructed in the 3rd century as part of Diocletian's Palace and is considered to be one of the most well-preserved Roman temples in the world. Diocletian believed he was the reincarnation of Jupiter, who was highly worshipped until the Roman Empire was taken over by Christian rule.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Obala Lazareta 3, 21000, Split, Croatia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.