Springbrook National Park Discovery Full-Day Bushwalking Tour
Explore Springbrook National Park with an expert guide on a full-day tour from Brisbane. The park is part of the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia World Heritage Area, and boasts waterfalls, subtropical and temperate rainforest and stunning lookout points. Enjoy a rainforest walk and picnic lunch within view of Purlingbrook Falls, plus time to take a dip in the natural freshwater pools. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included on this small-group tour that operates with a maximum of 15 people, ensuring a more personalized experience with your guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
- National Park fees
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Springbrook National Park
What's excluded :
- Pick up from Bus Stop 125 on Roma Street (out front of the Brisbane Transit Centre)
- Start your day early at your Brisbane meeting point, then travel by minivan about one hour south, passing through the Numinbah Valley to reach Natural Bridge, your first stop in Springbrook National Park.
Take in the naturally formed arch rock and the Cave Creek waterfall that plunges into a pool near Natural Bridge. Keep an eye out for Australian water dragons (a lizard), Australian brush-turkeys, goannas and pademelons (similar to wallabies) in this area.
Next up, follow your guide on a 2.5-mile (4-km) Twin Falls Circuit walk, passing stunning waterfalls and lush stretches of sub-tropical temperate rainforest, venturing a little further than many visitors go to reach spectacular viewpoints.
Enjoy a delicious lunch while overlooking the region’s largest waterfall, Purlingbrook Falls. Then walk through an Antarctic beech forest with 2000-year-old trees, one of the few remaining links to the ancient forests of Gondwana, which grew some 510 to 180 million years ago. From a viewpoint that looks over northern New South Wales, your guide points out sights such as Mt Warning, a remnant of the Tweed Shield volcano.
During your time in Springbrook National Park, you’ll have the chance to take a dip in the fresh cool water of one of the many natural pools. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife sightings, with wallabies and a variety of birds regularly seen, and rare sightings of animals such as platypus, spotted quoll and wombats.
Your informative guide shares commentary about the rainforest, wildlife and plants throughout the park, which shelters more than 500 vertebrate animals and 1,700 species of flowering plants. Your tour ends with return to the original departure point.
Please note: Walks are suitable to people with a moderate level of fitness. Some sections include stairs, uneven ground or creek crossings over wet rocks. It is advised to take a raincoat in all seasons. While every attempt is made to visit everything on the itinerary, inclusions are subject to change without notice.
Departure Point :151 Roma St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.