Srebrenica Genocide Tour
Visit to Srebrenica town is a unique tour itself. A story about small industrial town, known for highly developed industry employing more that 12000 people before the war 1992-1995 and specially, among others, mining of silver (in Bosnian silver means srebro, after which the town was named) changed to a story about a town that has gone trough suffer and betrail, and genocide that marked it in modern history. Today, Srebrenica is a place of drastically lower population of brave returnees, stuck in time, and a place of grief for the past times. Remembering Srebrenica and honoring the victims is crucial to nowadays population, gives them strenght to live back in their homes, together with Serbs. You wil get to see authentic war pictures, personal things of murdered found in mass graves, to walk in scary rooms of torturing of the former accumulator factory and to meet survivors and hear their heart-stopping narratives. The tour is also moslty often lead by young war survivors.
per adult from
7 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Professional tour guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Srebrenica Genocide Memorial, Potocari, Srebrenica 75430 Bosnia and Herzegovina
This quiet small town in east Bosnia called Srebrenica, together with villages nearby such as Potočari, is unfortunately known to the world for the massacre that happened back in 1995. Men were separated from their wifes and children, and were asked to give away their weapons since they were promised to be evacuated to closest safe zone. Instead, more than 8000 of them they were cruelly murdered in just couple of days. This was the biggest genocide after WWII, and lots of the victims are still not burried. 20 years later, mass graves with new victims are still being discovered. This memorial cemetery is a place of grief and giving the honor to the inocent victims. Srebrenica tour is an interesting historical,religious and political overview of the war and nowadays life. The tour includes a visit to Genocide Memorial, accumulator factory as the place of excruciation of Muslim population and gallery, town of Srebrenica, and gives You the opportunity to meet and hear the stories of survivors.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting point can be our office Ferhadija 19, passage next to Cathedral of Jesus's sacred heart or we can offer a FREE HOTEL PICK UP.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.