St Andrews and The Kingdom of Fife Day Tour from Edinburgh
Journey through scenic Fife and charming fishing villages with over 2 hours to enjoy at St Andrews. Enjoy a unique look at the remarkable bridges, villages, and golf history of Scotland. A beautiful journey through the East Neuk of Fife, so not miss the opportunity to try a fish supper.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel Drop off
- Entry/Admission - Dunfermline Abbey and Palace
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Forth Bridge, North Queensferry KY11 1HP Scotland
From Edinburgh we head to South Queensferry and the Forth Bridges, giving is the chance to take a photo of three of the most remarkable bridge's in the world.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Dunfermline Abbey and Palace, St. Margaret Street, Dunfermline KY12 7PE Scotland
Crossing the River Forth our first stop is the magnificent Dunfermline Abbey, burial place of King Robert the Bruce. There will be a chance to photograph his gold ornate tomb and wander around the Abbey and grounds and see the results of the ‘reformation’ when churches were destroyed and desecrated, supposedly in the name of God.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Anstruther, Anstruther, Fife, Scotland
Passing Carnegie Hall (Andrew Carnegie, the world famous philanthropist was born here) we travel along the Fife coast and the charming little fishing villages of the ‘East Neuk’, stopping in Anstruther, an old Herring stronghold, where you may take the opportunity to try “the best fish and chips in Scotland” or have a snack at the Fisheries Museum.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland
We then continue to St Andrews, home of golf, religion and of course St Andrews University. Spend up to 2 ½ hours in historic and beautiful settings – in good weather the beach feature in the movie ‘Chariots of Fire’ is particularly popular, as are the 16th Century tunnels under the Castle.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Princes Street, Princes St, Edinburgh, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations. Customer must be able to board and disembark coach using the steps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.