St Andrews History Tours - Private Tours Only
This Private Tour is scheduled at 12 noon, 2pm and 4pm, 7 days a week (check booking calendar for any exclusions).
Your guide Richard Falconer is an author and historian of St Andrews and conducts all the history tours himself. Having researched St Andrews for a period spanning six decades you will find a lot of previously lost or forgotten history about the town. Including how the town and University were looking for the lost treasure of the Cathedral for 50 years until 1929, and what Richard has uncovered through his researches over the last 40+ years.
The tour incorporates all the historic quarters of the town apart from the golf course which is for another tour! You will see two locations where Mary Queen of Scots stayed for her holidays to St Andrews. Explore the historic ancient City and learn about the spiritual and sometimes barbarous elements.
St Andrews is unique on many fronts, with many a noted golfer, Hollywood stars and royalty spending time here.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- In-Person guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St Andrews Cathedral, St. Andrews Cathedral The Pends, St. Andrews KY16 9QL Scotland
Learn about the incredible history of the former seat of the Catholic Church in Scotland.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St Andrews Castle, St. Andrews Castle The Scores, St. Andrews KY16 9AR Scotland
For the most part there was spiritual peace in St Andrews (relatively speaking!) for around eight centuries, but here you will learn of its darker elements.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: University of St Andrews, St. Andrews KY16 9AJ Scotland
Explore all the historic quarters of Scotland's oldest University around St Andrews, with its amazing architecture and unique history.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :2 Church St, St Andrews KY16 9NN, UK
Return Detail :75 Market St, St Andrews KY16 9NU, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not suitable for those with walking difficulties
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Do not attempt to come on a tour if any of the following are present: Cold/flu/covid like symptoms - This includes sniffles, runny nose, cough, sneeze, temperature or rash. If any of these are displayed, the tour will finish and no refunds. Unfortunate measures but important to adhere to.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.