St Domingo and visit of the rum factory
Small group (10 persons max)
French guide with 23 years in the country
Confortable taxi with cool air
Visit of the rum factory
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dominican Republic, Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic but also the oldest capital of the New World!
Today a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this city will surprise you with its beauty and monuments from past centuries
On this full day, you will go to visit the colonial zone where you will discover:
- Casa Colon, first fortified palace of the new world
- The museum "Casas Reales" where you will see the different trips of Christopher Columbus and can see items of the past centuries
- The pantheon: originally a church, then a tobacco factory and then a theater, the pantheon is now the place where are the people who played an important role in the history of the Dominican Republic
- The fortress: first military building of the time of the Colony
We will then go to lunch a typical Dominican meal, in a restaurant located in the colonial zone.
After lunch, we will walk in the Conde Street, famous for its many shops ... which will give you the opportunity to buy souvenirs (Larimar, Cigars ...)
The afternoon will be dedicated to the visit of the historical center of Rhum Barcelo located at 1 hour from Santo Domingo, in the city of San Pedro de Macoris.
Here you will discover the process of making local rum and visit the museum retracing the history of sugar cane.
Tasting time planned at the end of the visit ... what better to understand why the rum Barcelo was elected best rum of the world during 2 consecutive years !!!
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.