St Kitts Half-Day Rainforest Tour (Reconfirm 48hrs)
Enjoy the natural beauty of St. Kitts with a 3.5-hour guided walking tour through the rain forest. You'll be amazed at the tropical flora and fauna St. Kitts has to offer and you'll be constantly on the lookout for the famous Green Vervet Monkeys! Don't miss out on the eco-adventure of a lifetime!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2 hour hike through the rainforest
- Custom made hiking walking sticks
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Listed hotel pickup and drop off
What's excluded :
- Additional transportation cost for hotels not listed
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Old Road Bay, Main Road St. Kitts
Old Road is an old fishing village. In this area is a well know seafood restaurant, Sprat Net and a fish market. A short distance away your guide will drive off of the main road close to one of the health centres into the area of Wingfield Estate. You'll pass the Petroglyph of the Amerindians.
Stop At: Romney Manor, Old Road Town, Basseterre St. Kitts
As you drive past the Romney Batik (Caribelle Batik) get a slight glimpse of its gardens enroute to the forest.
A short distance from Romney you will begin to see the pathway of the forest. Here you will disembark the vehicle and the guide will give a briefing and issue walking sticks. As you begin your two hour walk (one into one out of the forest) the sighting of the Green Vervet Monkey and various species of birds will be seen along with the different types of flora.
Sometimes the monkeys stay out of sight especially at certain times of the day.
The tour guide will introduce you to some of our medicinal plants/trees such as Trumpets Bush, Black Sage & Sour Sop just to name a few whilst trekking through this exotic part of the forest. Some of our plants and trees have grown in height and thickness with lush buttress roots e.g. Citrus, Saman, and Locus Trees.
This tour is suited for persons of medium physical level (level 3 out of 5). One should be able to walk up hill, through narrow paths, over stones, small rocks and have no physical challenges. If uncertain it is always best to contact the supplier before booking.
A light snack of pastry and beverage will be served prior to departure for your hotel or port.
RECOMMEND: Walk with bottled water, wear durable sole sneakers, sunscreen, light trousers or shorts just above knees, T or polo shirts, blouse or any light weight top with short sleeves.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Wingfield Estate Sugar Plantation Ruins, St Kitts & Nevis
This is enroute to the forest. This was a past estate where tobacco and indigo was orignally produced in the 1600s but sugar became more successful and profitable product of export. Today remnants of an aqueduct, chimney, mill house (for crushing cane) and a rum distillery discovered in 2013. Part of this area can be seen as you journey into the rainforest.
Departure Point :1: Marriott Royal Beach Resort, St Kitts & Nevis
2: Port Zante, St Kitts & Nevis
Traveler pickup is offered
Additional cost will apply if hotel is not listedIf arriving via cruise please proceed towards the terminal building and look for the handheld sign: TROPICAL TOURS/VIATOR.Meeting time: 8:15am or 1:15pm Ports
- Port Zante
- Commercial Port
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Reconfirmation is required 48 hours prior to arrival of start date
- If unable to reconfirm prior to arrival, passenger should contact supplier upon arrival of ship. e.g. via tourist information desk
- To avoid the spread of the Corona Virus it is MANDATORY that face mask be worn and hands sanitized
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Proper footwear is required (sneakers with durable soles)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- *Please check island covid-19 travel requirement before booking. * For your continuous health, safety and enjoyment on our tours, all guidelines MUST be adhered to at all times. * For your comfort we encourage you to bring your own face mask.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.