St Kitts Scenic Train Tour (Reconfirm 48hrs)
Step aboard the first scenic railway tour in the Caribbean! You will be taken on a 3-hour tour along the 30-mile (48 km) rail circuit on the Eastern Caribbean island of St. Kitts. The luxurious railcar features an open-air observation deck on the upper level, with air-conditioned comfort and expansive vaulted windows on the lower level. While you ride, listen to a narration of the history of the Caribbean, and conclude the train ride with a 12-mile (19 km) sightseeing bus tour of St. Kitts’ attractions and landmarks.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Scenic rail tour
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only): St. Kitts Marriott, Sugar Bay Club, Island Paradise, Sea Loft, Timothy Beach, Bird Rock Beach Hotel, Ocean Terrace Inn,
- Beverages (rum punch, frozen daiquiris, soft drinks, fruit juices, and bottled water)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Kitts Scenic Railway, Needsmust St. Kitts
Your luxurious railcar features a service bar, restroom and colorful artwork on the walls. The upper level has an open-air observation deck with breathtaking views of the majestic mountain ranges and lush sugar cane fields, and the lower level offers air-conditioned comfort and expansive vaulted windows. Take advantage of the complimentary specialty drinks served throughout the trip.
See fields of sugar canes surrounding the railcar as the railway winds around the slopes of the remnant volcano Mt. Liamuiga. Discover the hidden black sand beach and overgrown plantation estates, and cross steel bridges, including one stretching 300 feet (90 meters) across a deep ravine. You will also pass many villages including the Mansion Village and Saddlers Village, surrounded by fields producing a range of fruit.
The colorful narration of the history of Caribbean and St. Kitts includes tales of the “Last Railway in the West Indies,” which was used to transport sugar cane from the island’s sugar plantations to the sugar factory in Basseterre, St. Kitts capital city. You will also be entertained with folk songs and hymns by the St. Kitts Railway Choir.
At the end of your train ride, transfer to a sightseeing bus to continue your 12-mile (19 km) journey along Island Main Road. The route passes under Brimstone Hill Fortress and through small villages and towns before returning to Basseterre.
Please note: there is no reserved seating. All seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: Port Zante Marina, St Kitts & Nevis
2: Frigate Bay, St Kitts & Nevis
Traveler pickup is offered
Name of hotel/villa requiredAdditional cost will apply if hotel not listed. Ports
- Port Zante
- Commercial Port
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Mandatory: reconfirm and redeem voucher to participate
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Reconfirmation of tour required 48 hours prior (email or telephone call acceptable)
- Response to Supplier's email is compulsory
- Please note: there is no reserved seating. All seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Wheelchair: Must be approved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- To avoid the spread of the Corona Virus it is MANDATORY that face mask be worn and hands sanitized
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- *Please check island covid-19 travel requirement before booking. * For your continuous health, safety and enjoyment on our tours, all guidelines MUST be adhered to at all times. * For your comfort we encourage you to bring your own face mask.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.