St Lucia Shore Excursion: ATV Tour
Disembark your cruise ship in St Lucia for another fun ride: Take an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) through pristine scenery and historical sites in this tropical paradise! This 3-hour shore excursion takes you on a thrilling journey past lush mountain landscapes and stunning vistas aboard your easy-to-operate ATV. You'll drive over well-established nature trails through plantations and rural communities with amazing views of Grande Anse Beach and the Atlantic coast. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 11 people.
What's included :
- Local guide
- Bottled water or fruit juice
- Use of all necessary equipment
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-free shore excursion guarantee
What's excluded :
- Begin your St Lucia shore excursion upon pickup from the Castries cruise port and head to the ATV base camp. Your friendly guide will put you at ease as you climb aboard your comfortable, fully automatic Yamaha ATV for a fun ride!
Follow your guide along nature trails through a working banana plantation and stop to hear about farm operations. Here, you'll learn about banana plants and how the industry was once St Lucia's top commerce.
Pass through small settlements and watch locals going about their daily tasks en route to the Marquis Estate, established in 1723. Situated on St Lucia’s lovely northeast coast amid some of the Caribbean’s most attractive terrain, the Marquis Estate was one of the island’s largest private estates during its 18th-century heyday.
From this breathtaking 500-acre (202-hectare) site, located in a lush tropical valley, take in sweeping views of majestic Marquis Bay, where pristine white sands meet clear, turquoise waters. You’ll also get a get a glimpse of St Lucia’s past with relics such as a water wheel, an old locomotive, ruins of a sugar mill, and even slave quarters that housed men and women who toiled under British rule until their emancipation in 1833.
Ride to another lookout point and stop for fruit-juice refreshments as you view one of the Caribbean's most picturesque beaches. Admire some of the best tropical scenery on this side of the Atlantic at the top of Grande Anse Beach. Your guide will tell you about the green, hawksbill and leatherback turtles that lay their eggs from March to August before you head back to the base camp. Hear about local researchers’ efforts to track the turtles, which swim great distances to return to their nesting sites, and then get dropped off at the Castries cruise port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Castries port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Tour departs from the Castries cruise ship port
Departure Time :8:30am12:30pm
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Minimum age to drive an ATV is 16 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.