St Maarten Hiking and Snorkeling in Galisbay
Sint Maarten and Saint Martin's only true Eco Tour offers a full circle around the island while highlighting her wonderful nature. Included are: a 20 minute hike with stunning views to the highest peak of the island – Pic Paradis, a visit to the Amuseum Naturalis for wildlife-watching, and a stop at a quiet beach where we'll go snorkeling.
Very informative tour, great for the whole family, and off the beaten track!
This is a small group tour with a maximum of 6 guests only, and starts from a parking lot next to the cruise terminal. It's the best way to tour around the entire island and enjoy all aspects of St Martin's wonderful nature.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Philipsburg and Oyster Pond hotels only!)
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Paradise Peak, Marigot St Martin / St Maarten
Pic Paradis, or Paradise Peak is the highest point on St Maarten and St Martin. We'll drive up most of the way, and then the last 20 minutes we'll hike up to the viewpoints, while passing impressive rock formations, and going through tropical forest and her flora and fauna along the way. Stunning views from East and West side of the island.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Amuseum Naturalis, Route de Quartier d'Orleans, Quartier D'Orleans 97150 St Martin / St Maarten
Learn about St Martin's wildlife at the island's natural history museum: which animals live here now, and how did they get here? Are they endemic (and what does endemic mean?) or perhaps invasive?
Spot local birdlife on the feeders and lizards on the walls, trees, or ground.
Great interactive museum for young and old, on the grounds of a former plantation.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Port de Galisbay, 97150, St Martin
Our favorite snorkeling site at Galisbay: a quiet beach with a rocky shoreline hosting lots of fish and underwater plant life. You'll have a refreshing dip in the water here and have the opportunity to go snorkeling with our excellent equipment under guidance of your guide.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :1: Dock Maarten, Juancho Yrausquin Blvd, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
2: Holland House, 43 Voorstraat, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
3: Sea Palace Resort, 147 Voorstraat, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
4: Vicky's Keys, The Keys Rd 8, Lane 3, Sucker Garden, Upper Prince's Quarter, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
5: Oyster Bay Beach Resort, #10 Emerald Merit Rd, Sint Maarten
6: Belair Beach Hotel, Octavius L. Richardson Road, Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
7: Divi Little Bay Beach Resort, 15 Longwall Rd., Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
Traveler pickup is offered
For cruise ship guests (10 minute walk): When coming out of the main exit of the cruise ship terminal area, turn left onto the main road towards Philipsburg. After a 5 minute walk you'll see Dock Maarten on your left hand side. Look for 'Johnny's Scooter Rental' on top a small yellow building, your guide will be waiting for you on the parking lot in a Silver Hyundai Van, or black Honda Pilot. For guests staying in hotel in Philipsburg or Oyster Pond: pick up will be from the front desk area, 20 minutes prior to starting time of the tour. By Local Bus: when staying at a resort in Pelican Key, Simpson Bay, or Maho, you can use the local bus service to get to Philipsburg. They're mini buses which travel the main road around the island. They say 'Bus' on the license plate and 'Philipsburg' behind the windscreen. Just stick up your hand and they'll stop, then tell them you want to get off at Beach Plaza Casino. The buses will pass appr every 5 minutes, and it'll cost about $2 a person. LET ME KNOW IF YOU CHOOSE THIS OPTION, so we know to pick you up 20 minutes prior to the starting time of the tour at Beach Plaza Casino. By Taxi or Car: Follow the signs to Philipsburg and the Cruise Ship Terminal in Point Blanche. Dock Maarten will be on your right hand side when you've passed Philipsburg, the Sol gas station and Bobby's Marina. Dock Maarten has a large yellow building with green hatches and a white roof which houses popular restaurant Chesterfield's. Parking is $1 an hourPorts
- Philipsburg Cruise Port (parking lot Dock Maarten 10 minute walk from port)
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please advise shoe size and male or female at time of booking, for the snorkel equipment
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.