St Mark's Basilica After-Hours Group or Private Tour with Optional Doge's Palace
Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this tour will be amended to ensure your safety:
-If you book a private tour you will have a private tour guide, but you may have another Walks group inside the Basilica at the same time.
Explore St Mark’s Basilica without the crowds on an after-hours tour, and enjoy an optional visit to Doge's Palace, if you wish. Inside St Mark’s Basilica, admire treasured mosaics and a Byzantine altarpiece, and then follow your guide into the crypt where St Mark himself is believed to rest. Upgrade for late access to the Doge’s Palace and learn about the Higher Council Hall, the Doge's apartments and the Bridge of Sighs as you explore. Numbers are limited to 15 for a small-group experience.
Upgrade your tour to include a 2 hour late entry tour of the Doge’s Palace, including the armory, New Prisons and incredible council rooms and frescos of Palazzo Ducale.
per adult from
90 to 210 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- After-hours St. Mark’s Basilica tickets
- Doge’s Palace tickets (if option with Doge Palace selected)
- Small groups of 20 people or fewer
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
Piazza San Marco
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
Basilica di San Marco, Veneto
Inside, take a deep breath. You’re experiencing St. Mark’s Basilica as almost nobody else does, or ever has ever been able to (aside from the Doge himself)—empty! No standing elbow-to-elbow with other tourists, no seeing the church as if through a strobe light from hundreds of popping flashbulbs, no noise from the crowds. Instead, you’re alone with your guide and the custodian. So you can experience the basilica as it should be experienced: in tranquility and peace.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
The Doge Palace visit is included with the Doge Palace option only.
Upgrade your tour to include a 2 hour late entry tour of the Doge’s Palace, including the armory, New Prisons and incredible council rooms and frescos of Palazzo Ducale. Traveling in small groups of 15 people or fewer, you’ll enter the Palace at the last entry time, finding one of Venice’s most popular attractions much quieter than other times during the day. (Please see seperate prodcut sheet.)
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bridge of Sighs, P.za San Marco, 1, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
The Bridge of sights visit is included with the Doge Palace option only.
On this guided tour you’ll have the opportunity to explore the massive armory, and the spooky prisons. Finish with a visit inside the Bridge of Sighs, where your guide will tell you why it’s not quite as romantic as you thought.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Torre dell'Orologio, Piazza San Marco, Venice Italy
The Torre d'Orologio is included with the Doge Palace option only.
Departure Point :Museo Correr, P.za San Marco, 52, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Return Detail :St. Mark's Square, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Occasionally St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace are closed to the public, without previous notice, due to high tides or particular festivities
- If option with Doge's Palace selected: The prisons and the armory of the Doge's Palace are not wheelchair-accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please remember that the basilica is a holy place and attire must be appropriate: Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress
- Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica.
- If otpion with Doge's Palace selected: Please note that there will be a short break (15-30 min) between your visit at the Doge’s Palace and your after-hours visit at St.Mark’s Basilica.
- If you book a private tour you will have a private tour guide, but you may have another Walks group inside the Basilica at the same time.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.