St. Mark's Basilica: guided visit & seat inside - Skip the Line
Enjoy a breathtaking visit to the marvelous St. Mark’s Basilica of Piazza San Marco, escorted by an expert guide (1 hour inside the Cathedral)! Discover its secrets, history and admire the many artworks as the five domes covered by gold.
The guide will narrate tales and the endless history behind the breathtaking Cathedral of St. Mark, known as the Golden Basilica, due to many mosaics made with pure gold!
The tour includes the visit to the terrace from where you can enjoy a breathtaking overview of St.Mark’s Square and see the famous Horses from Constantinople.
The enjoyable experience will give you priority access for the entrance of the Basilica and to the Saint Mark’s Museum: unique collection of relics and holy items collected along the centuries.
Enjoy the audio guide with digital map with more than 200 points of interest of the 5 Venice discrits!
For an exclusive tour, choose the private option: enjoy a personal guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Shared guided tour to the St.Mark Basilica, the terrace and San Marc Treasury.
- Skip the Line: the Basilica
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people.
- Glass Craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square.
- Audio guide by mobile app with 200 descriptions of Venice highlights
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
Amazing guided tour in the breathtaking Cathedral of St. Mark, known as the Golden Basilica, due to many mosaics realized with pure gold!
An expert guide will escort you inside (skipping the line) and will explain the history, curiosities and legends about the inimitable masterpieces around you! Be stunned in front of the five-domes covered with gold and decorated by the best artists of the time.
Enjoy part of explaination comfortably seated in the middle of the cathedral.
This exclusive experience will give you priority access to the Pala D’oro (golden altarpiece composed by gems and diamonds) and to the Saint Mark’s Treasury: a spectacular collection of relics and holy items collected along the centuries.
After the tour you will have the possibility to visit a glass factory close to St. Mark’s Square, here you will see a glass craftsman at work. (free and optional tour, the guide will advise you on how to participate).
A wonderful experience that makes you discover the main landmark of the Venetian history.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Pass By: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
A self-guided tour is the most original way to discover independently Accademia, San Marco and Rialto areas: the most celebrated and amazing areas of Venice!
31 attractions spread across the route, among them you will appreciate the glorious Theatre “La Fenice”, Rialto Bridge with its characteristic markets and the imposing Accademia Bridge! Of course, the audio-guide will escort you through endless history of Saint Mark’s Square and its spectacular basin!
Download the app on your device and you won’t get lost in the city! You will be able to visit Venice, corner by corner, step by step, at your pace.
The mobile app has a map which leads you anytime, letting you decide the pace of your visit as you listen to the automatic audio-narration on the city’s panoramic highlights. On the device will appear also the text of description under the picture of the monuments.
This app won’t use up any data connection as it runs on GPS only.
We will send you an e-mail with the QR and the instructions to active the tour.
Pass By: Ponte di Rialto, Ruga degli Orefici (Rialto) San Polo, 30125 Venice Italy
Discover its traditional markets and the history of the breathtaking bridge!
Pass By: Ponte dell'Accademia, Campo de la Carita, Venice Italy
The audio-guide will escort you through history and secrets of this bridge and the nearby area.
Departure Point :1: Torre dell'Orologio, P.za San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
2: Venice Tours Assistance Point, Calle larga de l'Ascension, 1257, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- During some days of high turnout or reasons of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St.Mark's Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide
- For the visit of the Basilica suitable clothing is required (no shorts).
- You will receive the mobile app by e-mail
- The mobile app does not use internet data but works with GPS
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- PRIVATE OPTION: choose the private's one to have a personal guided tour. Entrance tickets mu st be paid on the spot € 4 p.p.
- Due to the security reason, luggage and bags are not allowed inside the Basilica
- On Sunday, due to the mass, the tour of the Basilica will be done from second floor. Due to the Holy Mass taking place at the ground floor, in those festivity days it is possible to admire the mosaics partially from the first floor.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- The customers health is the most important matter for us, the tour operates in according to the Covid-19 National directives in order to guarantee the experiences in a safe environment. We only ask the kindness to bring the own mask in case you need to wear it.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.