St Marks Basilica Tour in Venice
• Admire St. Mark’s Basilica, one of the most majestic cathedrals in the world
• Embark on a 2-hour tour with a professional experienced guide for art and history lovers. Feed your eyes
• Admire the Pala d'Oro, the treasury and Museum of St Marks: a splendor of religious art collected along the centuries
Enjoy Skip-the-line to St. Mark’s Basilica with a professional tour guided. You’ll discover the art and architecture of the most important and magnificent cathedral in Venice. Full of gold and art-masterpieces, it is in the UNESCO World Heritage list since 1986 with a fascinating history of La Serenissima.
per adult from
What's included :
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Skip the Line access to the Basilica
- Tickets to the treasury, Museum of St Marks and Pala d’Oro
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance tickets to the attractions
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
The guide will meet you at the winged lion column at the Saint Mark's square and walk your way to the entrance of the Cathedral, which is just a few minutes away and Skip-the-line at the entrance to the cathedral.
Inside this Golden Basilica, the guide with explains to you the famous fact about the incredible golden mosaics and the masterpieces of Byzantine arts which you’ll be awed! Byzantine arts are a unique artwork in Italy and mosaics are found in the church’s atrium, you’ll have the pleasure to savor beautiful gold mosaics and marble inlays of the floors, while the guide will show you the represented biblical scenes from the Old Testaments, the history and the particularities of this ancient basilica.
The guide will also point out a treasury view which is a splendor of religious art collection among the centuries, where you’ll admire the altarpiece of Pala d’Oro an exquisite example of the Byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones. As you feast your eyes with treasures, the guide will narrate the history of this Byzantine artwork and the story behind each of it.
Later the guide will escort you to the most interesting visit inside the cathedral, to the Museum of St Marks. You’ll have the opportunity to observe the Bacoòoaas’c ceiling and the mosaics up close but also the chance to see the most impressive and magnificent original sculpture of the Horses of St Mark. These gold-plated bronze horses were originally in the Hippodrome of Constantinople and listen to the stories and history of the other artwork and of how the Horses of St. Marks was pillaged during the Fourth Crusade.
This two-hour tour will end at the museum, it’ll be a hassle-free and not overwhelming tour. Our professional guides will guide you through, a perfect balance between art, architecture, and history. however, you are also welcome to stay back after the tour ends to visit the museum on yours.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :St. Mark's Square, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour. All customers must be able to autonomously walk, climb and get off the steps
- Photography is not allowed only inside the Cathedral
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases it can be rearranged or refunded)
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- Please wear clothes that cover your shoulders and are knee-length to access St Mark’s Basilica, otherwise you might not be allowed in.
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Basilica
- The storage service is free of charge but please allow sufficient time to do so
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.