St. Nicholas Abbey Heritage Great House and Rum Distillery Tour
The Great House and Distillery tour captures an authentic insight into life on a 17th century plantation showcasing artifacts from Amerindian settlement through to colonial times. The movie c. 1935 is a rare and unique glimpse of this life and also of Barbados at the turn of the 20th century.
The attraction is intended to allow visitors to tour at their own pace or have a guided tour while also allowing opportunities to have quiet spaces for reflection and for relaxing within the gardens and landscaped grounds.
The cafe offers refreshments and light fare for the visitors taking the tour within the setting of a lush tropical gully.
Our artisan distillery showcases our manufacturing in a manner that allows the visitor to be immersed in the processes of making rum for "the sugar cane field to the bottle", viewing the crushing of cane within the antique steam mill allowing them to take away a more meaningful experience of their visit.
per adult from
45 to 90 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - St. Nicholas Abbey
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Nicholas Abbey, Cherry Tree Hill, BB26007 Barbados
Guided tour of 1658 Jacobean Great House, House Museum, rare and unique1930 movie of Plantation and Barbados, Syrup Factory with c. 1890 working Steam Mill, Rum Distillery including rum tasting. Tour includes a complimentary drink and there are a gift shop and terrace cafe for visitors taking the tour
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :St. Nicholas Abbey, Cherry Tree Hill St. Peter, BB26007, Barbados
Departure Time :5/14/2019 - 12/17/2021
Monday: 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM Thursday: 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM Friday: 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchairs have partial access to the attraction and there is no charge for wheelchair users
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.