St Peter’s Basilica Tour with Dome Climb & Papal Tombs | MAX 6 PEOPLE GUARANTEED
Explore the world's largest church to it's full potential - from the very top with views of the entire city, to the tombs below. In your small group of 6 people and your expert guide, you can truly experience the breathtaking basilica as you climb to the top of the dome to explore Michelangelo's masterpiece, and then to the ground level to enjoy the basilica itself with Baroque and Renaissance art from masters like Bernini, Michelangelo and more. Your tour will also include a visit below to the Papal tombs, where the tombs of Pope's from the centuries past lay to rest. This tour is limited to just 6 people to enhance your overall experience and providing a friendly environment with your guide.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Tour in a Safe and Semi Private Group of MAX 6 PEOPLE GUARANTEED
- Enjoy Skip the Line Access to St Peter's Basilica
- Climb to the top of the Dome!
- Descend into the Papal Tombs and Crypts
- Tour with a Professional, Local, Expert and Fun Guide
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Square
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
What's excluded :
- Food and Drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Your tour will begin in St Peter's square where you will meet your expert local guide before embarking on your journey. Learn all about the history and relevance of this square, its incredible architecture, and the optical illusions that it hides. Your expert guide will tell you all about the famous architects who were commissioned to work on this beautiful attraction. St Peter’s Square was designed so that the colonnades were replaced in a way that imitated a welcoming hug to the many pilgrims who visit Vatican City every year. You will enjoy priority access and with a quick walk through security, you are ready to enter the basilica named after the first Pope, and saint who is said to be the keeper of the keys to heaven – St. Peter.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Once inside St. Peter's your first stop will be the Dome. Make your way up the 281 steps to the top of Michelangelo's impressive dome which adorns the city skyline. Enjoy the breathtaking views of the city below and the gorgeous stained glass windows that casts beautiful light inside of the dome.
After enjoying the dome, make your way down to St Peter's Basilica where you can explore with your guide and learn of the history behind the largest church in the world. Adorned with artworks and architectural masterpieces from famous artists such as Michelangelo, Bernini and Raphael, your guide will explain the history and anecdotes behind the works that added to the basilica's grandeur.
Then, you will make your way underground to the famous Papal tombs. One of the most sought out sites for Christian pilgrims from around the world, these tombs hold the relics of beloved Pope's such as John Paul II and countless other Pope's from previous centuries dating as far back as the fifth century.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Piazza Papa Pio XII, Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual - both men and women are required to cover knees and shoulders
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- LivTours’ group size of max 6 participants is and has always been sustainable. We are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, especially in this time. Due to Covid-19 safety regulations, sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.