Stand-Up Paddleboard Adventure Lesson in Carlsbad
Stand-up paddle boarding on the beautiful waters of California is an amazing experience! Come join a local guide for an adventure lesson. We are located just 30-minutes outside of San Diego in Carlsbad. Rest assured you will be in good hands as your instructor is SUP certified & trained in water safety. Your guide is very passionate about stand up paddle boarding, and an excellent teacher ready to take you out on the water. You will get the best paddle boarding experience in Southern California!
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- All equipment
- Entry/Admission - Blue Paddle SUP
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- You begin your adventure on the beautiful waters of the Carlsbad Lagoon. Depending on the tides and winds we may venture East into the lagoon tributary. Your adventure is for 75 minutes. It includes a short lesson on land, and then we venture out onto the Carlsbad Lagoon. Be ready to see jumping mullet, many species of birds, & the occasional sea turtle or sea lion! You will learn all about SUP equipment, safety, proper stance & paddle technique, 4 strokes including turns & stops. All equipment and photos are included in your lesson.
While paddling you will see the California Brown Pelican gliding over the Lagoon, California towhees feeding in the understory, the red-tailed hawk hunting from high above, and Anna’s hummingbirds defending their territory. You’ll also see the occasional stingray, and mullet jumping several feet into the air and moving into shallow water to spawn.
Departure Point :Blue Paddle SUP, 4700 Bayshore Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Participant must be able to swim.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.