Stand-Up Paddleboard Lesson on the Big Island
Enhance your Hawaiian vacation with a stand-up paddleboard lesson in Kona! Stand-up paddleboarding (or SUP) originated in Hawaii and is a great way to enjoy the water, particularly if you are looking for an alternative to surfing. With an experienced instructor, learn the proper paddling technique, how to maneuver your board and what to look for on the water. This small-group lesson is limited to four people, ensuring you have a personalized experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of all necessary equipment
- Entry/Admission - Kahaluu Bay Surf and Sea
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Stand up paddle board lessons start with a brief on land demonstration where your instructor will go over a few safety tips such as how to wipeout properly and basic stand up paddle etiquette. Next, we show you how to correctly position yourself on the paddle board, the right way to hold your paddle and how to correctly paddle while kneeling and standing on the paddle board. Once you have practiced the correct SUP techniques on land, it off to the warm, blue waters of Kahaluu Bay to practice your skills.
In the water, your SUP instructor will monitor your progress and show you more advanced paddling techniques if you are ready. We can even teach you how to ride waves and surf on a stand up paddle board!
Departure Point :Kahalu'u Bay Surf and Sea, 78-6685 Alii Dr, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- All participants must know how to swim
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.