Stanley Glacier Valley
Travel up through an old burn, see the benefit of wild fire on an ecosystem, enjoy the riddle of glaciation and how it has sculpted the mountain environment we see today.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local Guide
What's excluded :
This is a half day hike in the Canadian Rockies in the more remote Kootenay National Park near the boundary of Banff National Park, beginning at 8:30 am. Hike up a previously glaciated valley with towering cliffs and glaciers above, learn about the history, flora, fauna, ecology, geology and geography of this spectacular environment.
Departure Point :Castle Mountain Chalets, Banff-Windermere Hwy, Improvement District No. 9, AB T1L 1B5, Canada
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guests are required to sign a declaration of health and exposure attesting to good health, not having been exposed to anyone who is sick, and that they are following provincial travel recommendations. Guests bring a mask, hand sanitizer and eye protection in the event protocols can't be followed.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.