Star Walk Night Snowshoeing Tour from Tromso
Leave the beaten track, immerse yourself in the polar night, and walk your way under the stars on this 6-hour guided night time tour from Tromsø. In a small group of no more than eight, travel to an untouched snowy landscape to feel what winter is really about at high latitudes. Glowing from a billion stars, the moon, and maybe the northern lights, the Arctic wilderness reveals its most intimate beauty to night owls.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Dinner: vegetarian/vegan option available
- Souvenir photos (by email after the tour)
- Pick up: In front of the Scandic Ishavhotel: Fredrik Langes gate 2, 9008 Troms
- Hotel drop-off
- Thermal suits, hats, mittens, snowshoes, hiking poles, and a hiking backpack
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
Leave the beaten tracks behind and immerse yourself in the long polar night. If the sky is clear and if the stars are out you may even see the Northern Lights! Listen to the silence and feel what the Arctic winter and polar night is all about. This winter activity gives adventurous travelers the chance to experience snow shoeing or hiking under a billion stars, the moon and may be even the Northern Lights! The most intimate beauty is revealed to the most adventurous night owls. This night time activity includes a warm home-made meal, thermal suits and boots and snowshoes. Your guide will take photos of your activity and share them with you after the tour in web-sized resolution. After enjoying a hot chocolate we'll take you back to your hotel on Tromso island.
• Wandering Owl, Strandvegen 41B, Tromso 9012 Norway
Departure Point :Roast, Fredrik Langes gate 2, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- When exceptional situations arise (e.g. weather cancellations) it is important to reach you. This is easiest if you provide your contact on the road (phone number with correct country code)
- Winter equipment is included, please provide your clothing and shoe sizes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking as well as medical condition if needed
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately; Make sure you wear a warm base layer, winter clothes including warm shoes, a hat, mittens, a scarf, and woolen socks.
- In case of no snow, the activity will be a hike in the Arctic night.
- In case of no stars, the activity will be under and cloudy sky. Some precipitation may occur.
- Activity is in English
- Please be prepared for limited toilet facilities, there will be a gas station stop during the drive, however the camp itself is in the wild Arctic nature where the only toilet possibilities are in the forest (there are no pre-built facilities)
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Thermal suits, mittens, hats and scarfs can not be included on tours during winter season 2020/2021 due to the increase risk of virus transmission.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.